Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Yeltz boss delighted with Pics point

FF News

Halesowen Town boss John Hill admitted he was happy with the point that took the Yeltz unbeaten league run to six games.

Hill confirmed watching Rushall in midweek certainly gave him food for thought ahead of his sides battling 0-0 draw away to Rushall Olympic on Saturday.

He said "We visited Rushall in midweek and with the weather being the way it was, we knew exactly what to expect".

On the performance Hill continued "I was fairly pleased with the overall display. We were very light on the ground player wise, so we chose to setup in a certain way and I think we deserved our point".

Halesowen recorded their first clean sheet since the 0-0 draw at home to Whitby Town in early October, but Hill could not praise his players enough for earning their sixth shut out of the season. He said "I love clean sheets"

He then added "Plus with the new look back five it made it all the more pleasing".

The boss also explained his decision to start Nathan Waite instead of Aaron Daniels claiming it was tactical and not enforced.

"The decision was tactical due to how we wanted to play and to overcome the conditions". He continued "It was always the plan to get Daniels on with 20 to go hoping he could get in behind some tired Rushall legs".

Shaun Rowley and Dan Summerfield both made their full debuts since signing for the Yeltz and Hill also gave praise to his new boys. "I thought they both had an excellent game. I'm very pleased with how they settled in so quickly."

It was also officially confirmed over the weekend that Malcolm Melvin has joined the club and Hill explained the signing of Melvin is something he feels his side don't currently have. "Malcolm is an attacking midfielder with a very good work ethic. He is very good on the ball and I feel this is something we have been lacking and have needed for a while". He added "Unfortunately that type of player has not been available until now".

However despite making three new additions in the last week or so, Hill admitted he continues to search for new talent and hinted there could be another one through the door very soon. He said "We have a seven day approach in for another player which I can let you know about once those days have expired and both parties can then meet."

Source: www.ht-fc.com

Source

Archived