Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Gordon hails "professional" Harriers after Wood win

FF News

Colin Gordon praised Harriers for the "very professional performance" that secured them just a third win of the season at Boreham Wood on Saturday.

After the visitors withstood some early pressure, they were able to control the remainder of the clash almost in its entirety, notching through Ben Whitfield's free-kick and Elton Ngwatala's penalty.

It was a much-coveted three points, and a first away league win for the club for well over a calendar year.

It was understandable, then, that Colin was pleased when he discussed the afternoon's efforts after the final whistle.

He reflected: "In very difficult conditions, it was a very professional performance so I am absolutely delighted, with all of them.

"We got them frustrated... I still think we could have shown a bit more quality at times, but [we made them look] a bit ragged and there were a few rash challenges flying in - I actually thought the guy was lucky to stay on the pitch with the penalty.

"I felt very comfortable in the second half and we took instructions on well at half-time.

"We stretched them and played in behind, they were deeper and we played our football in front, so I was very pleased."

Whitfield's goal - his fourth of the season - came from a rather unique training-ground effort.

Colin added: "Kevin Phillips came up with it in training and we must have worked on it for half an hour!

"It was boring me to death because we never looked like scoring from it!

"But it worked a treat today, so that's down to Kev - it was a brilliant set-piece."

Source: www.harriers.co.uk

Source

Archived