Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hilton returns to Wroxham as manager

FF News

Wroxham have announced the appointment of Damian Hilton as the new First Team Manager.

Hilton is someone well-known to the club having served as both a player with over 400 appearances and a previous successful spell as Manager when Wroxham were competing in the Eastern Counties League.

He succeeds another former player in Stewart Larter who stood down last month.

Damian spoke on Wednesday evening and announced “I am looking forward to a new challenge at a club playing in Step 4 of the football pyramid. Wroxham is a club very close to my heart and I have had many successful years (at) as both a player and a Manager before.

The short-term task is very difficult as I will be looking to retain our status in the Ryman League but in the long-term, it has a massive potential and something I am really looking forward to. There is a great infrastructure at the club as are the people behind the scenes.”

Hilton takes charge of the club in time for Saturday’s home game against Thamesmead Town and leaves his previous club, Norwich United in 1st place of the Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League.

Last season his side won the League and the League Cup and look likely to retain the League sitting 12 points clear of the second placed side having lost only once all season.

Gavin Lemmon will assist him as Player/Coach.

Source: Wroxham FC

Source

Archived