Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rovers boss Brabin happy with progress ahead of new season

FF News

Tranmere Rovers manager Gary Brabin is happy with how his squad is shaping up ahead of the new season.

Rovers recorded a 0-0 draw against The Tangerines last night and the boss says he is pleased with the fitness and performance his players have shown in pre-season so far.trfc

He told Tranmere Player HD: "I don't get carried away with pre-season. I think the performances have been good but we have to make sure we're right for the start of the season.

"We have looked stronger in each passing game in pre-season. We're pleased with where we are at the moment but we're not getting carried away."

Last night's game saw the return to action of Andy Cook who played alongside James Norwood, and the manager is happy with his options in the attacking area.

He added: "We have interesting competition in the forward areas which is good. We don't have a really big squad but anyone who is left out of the team will feel hard done by because of the quality we have.

"A few more of the players completed 90 minutes so from a preparation point of view, it's spot on at the moment.

"Andy Cook had a bit of a setback but got an hour under his belt, Nors has got his first 90 minutes after missing a fair bit of training. Darren Stephenson has missed a few days' training here and there but they're all coming back to fitness so the competition is good."

Brabin utilised Jeff Hughes at left-back against Blackpool, but the manager said it was just about getting players game time.

"I've said to the lads 'don't read too much into what we're doing with positions too much, it's about getting match minutes to the players'.

"Hughesy can play left back, he played there at international level, we know he can play there but today it was purely a minutes exercise. But we have players who are versatile and can play different roles for us."

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Source

Archived