Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dreamland

What was said in Brian's half time interview re the roof? I didnt hear the interview and havent seen any other reference to it?

As I said once before anyway - who knows the reasons why we are not patching up the ground again? Is money being saved with a view to revamping the whole ground/ building a new ground?

We shall probably not know until anything like that becomes a done deal.

Mind you, talking of new grounds, there was an interesting thred on Confguide the other day regarding successes/ failures of clubs building new grounds and it was noted that a fair few of them suffered on the pitch, or simply struggled to make ends meet financially as a result of it - so I'd rather stick with what we have if it means we achieve success on the pitch.

The real downside I guess, is that the state of the ground can put people off coming - especially the hole in the roof - A new/ improved ground can potentially bring greater numbers into games (Telford's large increase in attendances this season being an obvious example, albeit that they've now had financial problems anyway)

The hole is a total pain in the [****!!****]. But I am glad of the monmey given to fleet by sky earlier in the season.

It has been there for absolutely ages though, and I agree, maybe not enough is being done about it. They could have put a bottle in the bar where people can cough up loose change towards the roof repair. Surely it won't be that expensive???