Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Something or nothing?

Quote from page 102 of today's Reporter:

The Fleet have now made the last few places for their exclusive end of season function available to the general public, following the Fleet Trust's decision not to attend the event.

This is not an attempt to stir anything up, if there's nothing in it. However, it hints at a rift between the people running GNFC & the body representing the fans. I support both of these financially (the Club through a full price centre stand season ticket & the Trust through a fairly healthy monthly payment.) I also admire the efforts of those who actively run both strands of the club. If there is a gap developing between them, then I'm concerned, but I don't want to look for one if it isn't there.

Is anyone in a position to cast some light on The Reporter's words.

Graham S

These aren't the Reporter's words they are Mr Aitken's so you should ask him what he means.

The trust would not use it's member's money to fund it's board at £35 per head to attend a dinner at the end of the season.

Personally, I can't afford to pay that sort of money, given the amount that I put in to both the club and the trust all year round.

BTW, the fact that I can't afford to attend the presentation dinner was the deciding factor in my not running an Internet Player of the season, as this would have brought the cost up to about £100.

Graham, Dave has really summed it up. Most Trust Board members, are the staunch away travel party also, and If Graham and Myself( that is Graham my husband) went plus drinks that's another £100.00 gone. Money, we would sooner save and put towards away travel next season.

I think the phrase is unfortunate and would have perhaps sat better if the explanation given to the club re-cost had been included if it was felt that is was really necessary to say why the places had become available.

Funds from the Trust would not be used to fund individual tickets, the money that is paid, either by s/o, memberships or donation is not intended for that.

In my opinion, the people who run the trust, giving their own time and effort to do things for the fans and the club, should be there, but and i say but, it is good to see Jessica that the trust,s money is in safe hands and not being filterd away, well done for this stand, and well done on all you and your counterparts do for us and the club. smile.gif

Was there any need to say why seats were available? I have not got my Reporter as yet but three of my friends have phoned me to ask "What is going on down there?" thinking that there is a rift happening between the club and the ST. I think their reasons are the sentiments of many of us that we can only spend so much and if we have put it into actively helping the club in other ways it can't be spent on other pleasures. Well done to the ST, some would have funded it from ST money. The ST have not been going for a year yet when I saw men handing over their bags of loose change to Jessica on Saturday which they had saved for pennies on the pitch it made me realize just how valuable the Trust is. Personally it has cost me a fair bit since it started but long may it continue.

Where is and what is this exclusive night out...

A few of us might be interested ?

In regards to any potential split , it doesn't take a great detective to unravel the fact that maybe our new CEO maybe isn't a fave with some of the regulars...

Good idea about the season tickets tho' not sure if it was one of his ideas or not.