Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Crawley Town

How can anyone say no penalty it was as clear as day Taity through in comes that loloping idiot (who should have been sent of earlier) and brought him down no touch on the ball just wham into the player. He was VERY fortunate not to see straight red.

MOB - wasn't knocking Jeff and Glenn - we are where we are because of them.

As for tactics - we are all learning, and as I said in the first half the tactics were working fine. Perhaps due to this learning curve we are a bit slower at adapting to the situations - such as Crawley having a change of tact. Midgely was called back to the dugout after warming up but the substitution was never made - probably wouldn't have changed much anyway.

I raised the question because previously I had read posts about Andy Ford possibly struggling at Conf level due to lack of contacts and I suppose not able to go out and attract the sort of players that perhaps he would like.

As for the penalty - you are correct Crawley fans - we were mainly up the other end. The reason we are questioning it is because the defender who made the chalenge is long standing at this club and is NOT known for making rash challenges. He was also sent of by another dodgy ref some time ago against Woking which was later successfully appealed against. Ref was crap so I wouldn't trust his judgement - If you say it was that clear cut then OK.

Unlucky, u did play well as we played frustrating for us.

Potter...top bloke great sense of humor.

Defo penalty, great decision from the knob of a ref.

3rd in the leage, were having a laugh, 3rd in the leage and were having a laugh.

Jeff knows everyone apparently on another post they are linking him with the Newcastle job.

Seriously though when you talk to back room staff at a lot of clubs they all seem to know Jeff, right up through the leagues.

Interestiing thread this. Here's my two penny worth

Thought you deserved a draw. In the end you got punished for sitting back and trying to hold on. Not a wise tactic against us especially when you look at our home record (one defeat against Barnet)Our keeper though was superb and you could have been out of sight by then. But a one nil lead won't be enough for most teams at our place, we've only not scored once at home all season (against Northwich who strangled us)

The pen was pretty clear cut to me. Unlucky on the lad who got sent off but still a defo pen. One decision the ref got right (perhaps the only one)

The comments about learning in the league. It's clear that like us you are too. And for what it's worth I Think you've done pretty well and we've exceeded even our wildest dreams. Perhaps our position as the other "new boys" has clouded how well you have done. Certainties for staying up.

The loyalty thing about the manager is interesting. Ours said pretty much the same thing last year. Those that got us up would get the chance to shine. he then released three players (including Ian Payne, who was a legend to us), two left because they couldn't commit to the Conference and one went full time with Stevenage.

Since then he's placed the title winning captain out on loan twice and our championship winning keeper has been on the bench since game four of the league. Neither looks like getting a first team game unless their are major injury concerns.

Last year, Danny Marney was a nailed on start...now he's lucky to see the bench some weeks and he's let go two other squad players from alst year (Robbie Traynor and Fiston Manuella)

In short, he's been pretty ruthless...something we've come to expect of him. Last season Ellis Hooper was judged by many to be one of the shining stars of the DML, named as captain before one match, dropped a few weeks later, let go on loan and now playing in the Ryman's League 1.

Loyalty is a great thing and I still maintain FV has been true to his word. But he's also not scared to let players go. We could assemble a decent title challenge in the Conf South with the players he's let go in the last seven months.

Of the current side only two or three are starters including Neil Jenkins. He started the season so badly we wondered what was going on with him and he was told to shape up or ship out. Since then absolute class (and I'm the last person who thought he'd say that.

Good luck for the rest of the season