Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 20-August 17 )

• Photo
    Andy the Marsh Rat

• Photo
    ChorleyClaret

• Photo
    Roger Kint

• Photo
    skunkster

• Photo
    bomaya

• Photo
    Outback

• Photo
    I know the off side rule

Photo

crowds

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline phil@the- lane

phil@the- lane
  • Reserves
Actually our crowd numbers are not as bad as has been insinuated. Was having a look at them, and altho not good by any means, we only had crowds in the 300's or 400's (league games) 3 times in the whole season. Everyone seems to mention these figures being the reason for Jeff going. In fact all the other "league" gates were above 600 as far as I can see, not quite as bad as I thought. Derby gates were reasonable too,
aldershot--1216
Daggers --1458
Gravesend--1070
Grays --1445
The really disappointing ones were for the cup games.

offline ken

ken
  • Reserves Coach
the games where season ticket holders had to pay.

plus a few of the attendances that were being moaned about were mid week cold nights.

im sure the attendances was a handy excuse for moving to pastures new

offline A Non E Mouse

A Non E Mouse
  • First XI - Sub
Jeff mentioned on radio a little way back that he had been thinking about this since last summer - so he wouldn't have been aware of the Morecambe attendance etc. Presume it must have been attendances from our frst season as well.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
I fail to see how our attendances against Aldershot or Gravesend were 'reasonable'. We shouldn't have had any less than 1400 for each.

offline Matt H

Matt H
  • Forum Watchdog
  • Supports: Canvey Island
  • Fav. Sport(s): Football
Anything over 1000 is deemed good at Park Lane.

offline Leo

Leo
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
Looking back now, the FA Cup defeat by Burnham looks even more of a disaster as a reasonable FA Cup run and game v league opposition may well have generated interest and improved gates dramatically.

So sad the way things have turned out - 51 points and 14th in the Conference (including away wins at Grays, Exeter and Halifax) Thameside Trophy win and reserves doing the double should have been a great springboard to move the club forward next season. Tragic really that Canvey Island have had success on the field this season but instead of looking to press on, sign new players and really give it a go to try to move on and upwards in the Conference the very future of the club is unclear and nobody now knows what the future holds.

offline Ribbit

Ribbit
  • Reserves Coach
We could've gone for top-half next season, too.

offline South Mouth

South Mouth
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
In addition to my post on another thread.

Quote:
ken said:
the games where season ticket holders had to pay.

plus a few of the attendances that were being moaned about were mid week cold nights.

im sure the attendances was a handy excuse for moving to pastures new

Further evidence from the top of this thread and Ken's comments just about sum up the uneasyness with Jeff's decisions and intentions.

Sorry but i have supported this club from 1993. Maybe not as long as some of you but long enough to comment and have the right to about all this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus