Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

crowds

Actually our crowd numbers are not as bad as has been insinuated. Was having a look at them, and altho not good by any means, we only had crowds in the 300's or 400's (league games) 3 times in the whole season. Everyone seems to mention these figures being the reason for Jeff going. In fact all the other "league" gates were above 600 as far as I can see, not quite as bad as I thought. Derby gates were reasonable too,

aldershot--1216

Daggers --1458

Gravesend--1070

Grays --1445

The really disappointing ones were for the cup games.

the games where season ticket holders had to pay.

plus a few of the attendances that were being moaned about were mid week cold nights.

im sure the attendances was a handy excuse for moving to pastures new

Looking back now, the FA Cup defeat by Burnham looks even more of a disaster as a reasonable FA Cup run and game v league opposition may well have generated interest and improved gates dramatically.

So sad the way things have turned out - 51 points and 14th in the Conference (including away wins at Grays, Exeter and Halifax) Thameside Trophy win and reserves doing the double should have been a great springboard to move the club forward next season. Tragic really that Canvey Island have had success on the field this season but instead of looking to press on, sign new players and really give it a go to try to move on and upwards in the Conference the very future of the club is unclear and nobody now knows what the future holds.

In addition to my post on another thread.

Quote:
ken said:

the games where season ticket holders had to pay.

plus a few of the attendances that were being moaned about were mid week cold nights.

im sure the attendances was a handy excuse for moving to pastures new

Further evidence from the top of this thread and Ken's comments just about sum up the uneasyness with Jeff's decisions and intentions.

Sorry but i have supported this club from 1993. Maybe not as long as some of you but long enough to comment and have the right to about all this.