Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hertford v Oxhey Jets ON

Good luck if it does go ahead Horace...hope the result justifies the hard work. Hopefully we will see you and all the Hertford guys at the Vale next Saturday.

So Oxhey Jets travelled then, that's a poor show as surely there was never any chance of the game going ahead, I expect when the match Referee Mr Henderson turned up he took one look and shook his head

So who are you having a go at here then Rhodes? We had a pitch inspection at 11.30 to try and avoid Oxhey travelling. The (approved SSMFL) ref who carried out that inspection passed the pitch despite my expert advice that it would be waterlogged by 3.00pm. It continued to rain until the match ref arrived at 13.30. He donned his wellies and did his utmost to pass the pitch, but was unable to do so (correct decision).

That's exactly what I'm saying, so why wasn't the game called off at 11.30 after the first inspection when it was blatantly obvious that the pitch would be waterlogged by 3.00 unless of course the Referee you called in was Dave Clement

Are you going to tell the SSMFL then? I knew when I saw the weather forecast today that we would not be playing, but the ref who did the inspection did it by the book (and wasn't the one you named - why did you feel it necessary to name yet another official in a critical way?). At 11.30 the pitch was playable. Oxhey were mightily relieved as they apparently were struggling to raise a side.

Also, as I predicted, St Mags was off. I choose The City Farm as the beneficiaries of your generosity this time. You know, the one that several of us actually contributed to last year.

Originally Posted By: Horace
but the ref who did the inspection did it by the book (and wasn't the one you named - why did you feel it necessary to name yet another official in a critical way?).

Horace - So the match Referee wasn't Mr Henderson then, that's who had been allocated to your fixture in the bulletin. I wasn't being critical, I only indicated surprise that the Referee who carried out the inspection at 11.30 didn't call the game off then and there with no sign of the rain letting up, who was he out of interest, was it Mark Morris.

Originally Posted By: Horace
Are you going to tell the SSMFL then? I knew when I saw the weather forecast today that we would not be playing, but the ref who did the inspection did it by the book (and wasn't the one you named - why did you feel it necessary to name yet another official in a critical way?). At 11.30 the pitch was playable. Oxhey were mightily relieved as they apparently were struggling to raise a side.

Also, as I predicted, St Mags was off. I choose The City Farm as the beneficiaries of your generosity this time. You know, the one that several of us actually contributed to last year.

Sorry Rhodes I conveniently couldn't find the sponge!! Yet another charity that will be waiting with bated breath!