Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

a few problems at chelmo...?

Uncle Urchin

Peter Webb's Programme Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

state that "the club wouldn't survive without the generosity of the board". That's football isn't it? How many clubs in the country make a profit? A small minority. You could also say "the club wouldn't survive without a 1,000 people paying to watch home games". Not knocking the directors, but football clubs have various revenue streams of which directors and paying customers are just two. One thing is obvious, the debt is a problem and clubhouse returns are mentioned again. I only started watching city again when they returned to Chelmsford. When the move was given the go ahead, did the Club have a business plan to take into account dealing with the debt? Surely they weren't banking on the clubhouse?

yes ive also been hearing about shady activities at chelmsford,over the years me and you both have fought hard to clean up the non league game but it seems that theres always people who fail to play by the rules.at the moment im more concerned with the moneymen behind concord,i intend to visit them again in the new year for their vase match and i will insist that they show me 'their books', they should make interesing reading.i know that i upset people with my investigations but wasnt there another man who offended people in high places,who embarassed the rich and powerful and exposed their corruption,thats right i refer to our lord jesus christ who i believe has got a birthday coming up soon,i dont expect people to see me as the new messiah but im often stuck by how similiar our lifes have been.they ended up nailing that poor fecker to a cross no doubt theres many a crooked non league chairman who wishes the same fate on me,people may see me as a martyr to my cause but 'for evil to triumph it only needs good men to do nothing'.