Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Banstead 3-1 Bookham

Teflon

Bookham lost their 1st game in December against a rejuvinated Banstead side.

Bookham took the lead against the run of play on 10 mins with Jordan Buche scoring to the suprise of most people as his shot sneaked in and rebounded straight out after hitting the railings.

Banstead squandered numerous chances and Bookhams defence making last ditch blocks and the keeper Tim Brewster in excellent form,the vistors held out until just after Brewster got injured making another great block on 76 mins and took the lead minutes later with the injured keeper thne being replaced by.....erm.... ME biglaugh

Sadly did not make a save as Banstead scored again right at the end and of the 2 kicks I did make lost my standing foot on both occasions, still enjoyed my 10 mins or so.

(now stands back and waits to be slaughtered gotcha2)

Disappointing that we could not hold out for anything after battling so well but I thought Banstead deserved the points and a good start for their new manager.

PS Could have used the the now worn out excuse about only having 11 players with me and the manager Ginger Mandeville and his assistant Al Copone as subs but that would take away from the 11 players from Bookham who gave their all applause2