Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

to the tunes of valdaramma...

Uncle Urchin

from the massed ranks of the urchin faithful I drove around the pitch itself to the car park behind the lower goal....only stopping on the halfway line to have a quick chat with ronnie...weird man weird... grin

very very soft pitch and all urchins really but firing blanks all afternoon and in truth we should be scoring goals with eleven clear cut chances (yes eleven) but that's the way it is at the moment and we must ride it out....at anytime a point away from home is never to be sniffed at especially in those conditions and I was pleased with our second half performance as we went after the 3 points..colin was sent off in the 91st minute by the strutting pompous pr1ck sorry ref (for swearing presumably) and I have just arrived home.....the travelling urchins were superb today and outsung the hastings lot by some way...good crowd (464 with at least 200 of us)..nice people.. warm welcome..excellent cheerleaders before the game..digger shacked up in a posh hotel on the seafront and UM last seen looking for the extremely rare black billed hastings seagull.... grin

well done all and onwards.... yay

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
from the massed ranks of the urchin faithful I drove around the pitch itself to the car park behind the lower goal....only stopping on the halfway line to have a quick chat with ronnie...weird man weird...

very very soft pitch and all urchins really but firing blanks all afternoon and in truth we should be scoring goals with eleven clear cut chances (yes eleven) but that's the way it is at the moment and we must ride it out....at anytime a point away from home is never to be sniffed at especially in those conditions and I was pleased with our second half performance as we went after the 3 points..colin was sent off in the 91st minute by the strutting pompous pr1ck sorry ref (for swearing presumably) and I have just arrived home.....the travelling urchins were superb today and outsung the hastings lot by some way...good crowd (464 with at least 200 of us)..nice people.. warm welcome..excellent cheerleaders before the game..digger shacked up in a posh hotel on the seafront and UM last seen looking for the extremely rare black billed hastings seagull....

One too many noughts Unc grin

excellent win from your lot today which cost me a weeks pension....I shall extract revenge at the last fandango.... yay

Not bad - you drove too far down the A21 grin

I reckon the last day will be an end of season meaningless game, nothing riding on it.

Originally Posted By: TRS

I reckon the last day will be an end of season meaningless game, nothing riding on it.

yes...perhaps your wishful thinking may well come true.... angel

doubt it somehow.... devil

Well without wishing to sound like a Chelmo fan, if we keep to current form we should have cemented a play-off place by then although we all know things can change. Thinking about it, YOU could go into the game needing points for the play-offs!!

Originally Posted By: TRS

Well without wishing to sound like a Chelmo fan, if we keep to current form we should have cemented a play-off place by then although we all know things can change. Thinking about it, YOU could go into the game needing points for the play-offs!!

just two issues there...play off place cemented or not... unless its second/third place finish for you there is no home semi...big advantage... much to play for.... grin

but if you win the title or guarantee 2nd before you get to us then I agree...no sweat for you lot....

however... devil

should you need to get something out of the game then we shall be waiting.....if we need to get a result for a play off place and join you in the play offs.. we'll be waiting even more...

I am torn of course...having bet on you to win the championship I obviously want you to...however...money is a relatively shallow and easy commodity in life....it can be replaced easily enough...

but 2000 miserable womble faces.. shoulders drooped..traipsing from the bridge avenue stadium with me standing on the members terrace waving them off would be fckn priceless.... grin

just two issues there...play off place cemented or not... unless its second/third place finish for you there is no home semi...big advantage... much to play for.... grin

To be honest, i'm not one of these that thinks home advantage is so vital. I think the pressure on the players with a full house at home if we went a goal down would be immense. The only away tie I would definitely not want is Ramsgate, now that would be the nightmare scenario.

Wasn't meaning from a crowd perspective (although that would be a worry). We've played there 3 times, drawn each time and looked poor on all 3 occasions. Horrible pitch, hard team to play against etc etc. I reckon it's what the likes of Manchester Utd and Liverpool thought when they arrived at Plough Lane all those years ago.....