Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What has been the weirdest training exercise

Gussy

you’ve had to do!

When I was @ Beaconsfield we had to play a game of football where two chosen players were on either side of a crossbar which was perched on their shoulders and they ran around creating a constantly moving goal, it was bloody hard to score!

PSML, I can see it now.....Gusset shoot he sco.....no he's 10 foot wide,oooohhh what a howler.

In the after match live press conference he explains why he shanked his shot biglaugh to the look of bemusement on the reporters face confused "The ball dropped to me I looked up saw were the goal was and was expecting to move to my left" smile

I think the weirdist training session has got to be when we travelled up to Gussys mob (wembley) in their first season in the ccl prem, and went on to beat the big time charlies 2-0.

Hey Gussy???

The training session went as follows:

2pm - arrive at Wembley

2.15pm - warm up on council football pitch (cheers)

3pm - 4.45pm - whoop some Gussy and Wembley ar$e

5.30pm - Ash team drinks on their own cos Wembley have a private bar for themselves.

6pm - Leave for home.

Hey Johnno???

I remember it like this

2pm - The hicks arrive

2.15pm - Send the pikeys packing to the training pitches outside which co-incidently we (past tense) own!

3pm - 4.45pm - Miss a hatful of chances and ash take their two and thank their lucky stars

5.30pm - Ash team drinks on their own cos they dont shower and are in the bar early and reeking!

6pm - we enter when they leave grin

I think we were both unbeaten at the time and it wasn't nice to lose ... i remember you (although i didn't know it was u @ the time) peering down at our warm up pitch behind one of the goals mouthing off "look they warm up by themselves big time kents!"

Thought you might see it differently Gussy. Where's the gobby right back these days??

Never got to face him again!!

Have to say that, the changing rooms were of a decent size, the showers worked and were hot, the pitch was very good, and Wembley never came into the bar. They had their own bar and own warm up pitch.

Gussy - would you say Wembley's pitch was better or worse than North Greenfords??

Barring AFC Wimbledons (Kingstonian) pitch i would say Wembley and North Greenford were the best surfaces to play on in the ccl. And still are.

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
Thought you might see it differently Gussy. Where's the gobby right back these days??

Never got to face him again!!

Gussy - would you say Wembley's pitch was better or worse than North Greenfords??

Barring AFC Wimbledons (Kingstonian) pitch i would say Wembley and North Greenford were the best surfaces to play on in the ccl. And still are.

Dave Taylor is mouthy ha ha ha he's at Edgware now

I prefer wembleys pitch, very big and lush when it rains great drainage NGU's not far behind though!

Wembley slope?? very slight if there is one TC!!

if you are at the leisure centre end (where kids have thrown stones at me from)very slight uphill and a slightly larger uphill from left to right.

As before though, it is an excellent surface compared to other CCL pitches and even puts some Ryman and BGB pitches to shame

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo

The Kingsmeadow pitch was quite ropey in our CCL days, mainly due to the K's owner refusing to spend any money on any ground matters whatsoever. Lots of work has gone in the last couple of summers and it's holding up really well this year. Neither us or K's have had a game called off due to the pitch for at least a couple of years I think, which is not bad. Drains really well.

Originally Posted By: Kaiser Jnr
Weirdest training exercise is always when someone forgets the footballs, and you have to pretend you have a football.

"Mike Bassett - England Manager" style!

Seriously have you ever had to do that chief?

I'd rather do a bleep test bolt