Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bigg Town - Carlsberg Stadium - 2008

Without a shadow of a doubt the new stadium is a credit to Wader and all concerned. As part of the new set-up, I see that manager Chris Nunn has already announced an impending new arrival for the coming season; could that possibly be an R.R.(not Rolls Royce) heading up the A1 from Hertford.

Strangely enough we were discussing this topic at our Reserve game today with Langford, no doubt the new stadium is a credit to Wader and all concerned but when will they actually be moving in, will it be this season.

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
We will keep the other 60 they owe for another day yay

I get the impression that you want Biggleswade Town out of your hair now and they've outstayed their welcome at McMullen Park

StevieG - I take onboard your comment as it might seem to some that I am talking out of my backside however that's the distinct impression I have. I wouldn't mind betting that Bedford's hierarchy will secretly be delighted to see the back of them so they can get their ground back, you know what Wader is like and I bet he has tried to rule the roost at McMullen Park.

Anyway why on earth would I be jealous with the facility we have at the Copthall Stadium.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
StevieG - I take onboard your comment as it might seem to some that I am talking out of my backside however that's the distinct impression I have. I wouldn't mind betting that Bedford's hierarchy will secretly be delighted to see the back of them so they can get their ground back, you know what Wader is like and I bet he has tried to rule the roost at McMullen Park.
Anyway why on earth would I be jealous with the facility we have at the Copthall Stadium.

Agree with you there Rhodes.
If i had the choice of playing at a brand new stadium
and sampling Waders hospitality or a run down athletics
arena and your stale sarnies its no contest, is it?
Think you are right about Bedford wanting to get rid
of them.After all, who wants all that extra revenue?

Keeper No One - Are you sure Wader isn't your dad as you do an excellent job in defending him. Can I ask whether you have ever been to the Copthall Stadium as otherwise you are not qualified to make such comments or remark on our after match hospitality. For your information the SSML inspectors visited us last week to consider our promotion bid and they went away accusing us of wasting their time for dragging them down there, they stated that the ground would currently pass Ryman League criteria without us having to lift a finger.

Keeper No One - Are you sure Wader isn't your dad as you do an excellent job in defending him. Can I ask whether you have ever been to the Copthall Stadium as otherwise you are not qualified to make such comments or remark on our after match hospitality. For your information the SSML inspectors visited us last week to consider our promotion bid and they went away accusing us of wasting their time for dragging them down there, they stated that the ground would currently pass Ryman League criteria without us having to lift a finger.

Only for an athletics meeting.And there are plenty of stadiums
with better facilities so get off your high horse.

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
Only for an athletics meeting

I rest my case and I bet that was at least two years ago when you were at Public School, the facility has been upgraded since then and obviously our arrangements for football matches are totally different to what the Athletics Club do

I get the impression that you want Biggleswade Town out of your hair now and they've outstayed their welcome at McMullen Park

I'm sure life will be a bit easier for them without us, it would for any club ground sharing. For our part we have only admiration and the highest respect for them and what they have done for us by letting us play at McMullen Park.

My own thoughts are that we have forged a bond that will last a lot longer than our groundshare time. If I can help them on a personal level I will, and have willingly volunteered my help for a project they have in mind.

Rhodes i unlike most think you bring plenty to the table so to speak on this forum, however only you could make a debate such as this from those comments.

Myself and my players cannot wait to play a the Carlsberg stadium and i only wish it was for 60 games, please do not turn comments of mine into that type of accusation i have every respect for not just John but also Maurice the chairman at Biggleswade who is in my opinion a top man, i would love to see there partnership continue longer at the club and will continue to look for there result before any other.

Oh and for the record should anything unforeseen happen they will be welcome at Mcmullen Park for whenever they need it should it be a game or a season.

You rarely annoy me here you have mad

Originally Posted By: Mcmullen
We will keep the other 60 they owe for another day yay

cheeseburger McMullen - I don't normally go in for the silly icons some members like to post on the Forum but I couldn't resist this one. I had you down as a pretty cool, calm and collected sort of bloke and your rant has surprised me. I'm also a little confused as you talk about you and your players playing at the Carlsberg Stadium or have Biggleswade Town offered you a pre-season friendly there in August.