Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ramsgate 1 TOTS 0

Ian_Sanderson

Of course none of our glory hunter supporters were going to turn up with the way things are at the moment, the only people that went was our true supporters, which still outnumbers your fan base.

Interesting to see we had just under 1700 at our place whilst you struggled to get past the 1,200 mark. I wonder how many of those were freebies and i wonder how many will return with your clubs desperation for support offer

which was more then the amount of Ramsgate supporters that attended your recent game against Billericay, which was a big game.

There maybe a reason why there wasn't much talk of yesterdays game and that is because it was boring game, without many talking points apart from Burton's well taken goal after some poor Margate defending.

Well in that case, Alex, surely you think that's awful.

It's a damning indictment on the people who like football in Thanet, who would rather watch Soccer Saturday. I know Saturdays are often the time when people might be shopping or doing DIY in the house or whatever, but the people who I am fed up with, are the ones, who quite blatantly admit to not doing anything on a Saturday afternoon, love their footy (usually support Man U - no offence meant to Man U fans on here) and yet still effectively refuse to watch local football, as if they are afraid of watching it.

In reference to another point made about Southwood having lower attendance, I shall stick my neck out here and say that that was down to the lack of Margate fans - not Ramsgate's low fan base.

I sincerely hope your statement about people discarding their tickets and staying at home for the Horsham game will not turn out to be spot on, but unfortunately Alex I am afraid that is exactly what will happen.

Originally Posted By: ramsgatehammer
Well in that case, Alex, surely you think that's awful.

It's a damning indictment on the people who like football in Thanet, who would rather watch Soccer Saturday. I know Saturdays are often the time when people might be shopping or doing DIY in the house or whatever, but the people who I am fed up with, are the ones, who quite blatantly admit to not doing anything on a Saturday afternoon, love their footy (usually support Man U - no offence meant to Man U fans on here) and yet still effectively refuse to watch local football, as if they are afraid of watching it.

In reference to another point made about Southwood having lower attendance, I shall stick my neck out here and say that that was down to the lack of Margate fans - not Ramsgate's low fan base.

I sincerely hope your statement about people discarding their tickets and staying at home for the Horsham game will not turn out to be spot on, but unfortunately Alex I am afraid that is exactly what will happen.

That is what i meant re: Gillette Soccer Saturday, it is a sorry state that people in thanet would rather watch men talking about football rather then supporting their local teams.

Also i don't think we can be completely at blame for the lack of attendance at Southwood, as we had about 350 there about 150 less then last season i reckon. That still leaves another 350 that were at Southwood last season, but not this. Unless you are implying that we had about 800 at Southwood last season.

I just think the appeal of Margate v Ramsgate has gone, as all the games have been pretty poor really. There will probably only be about 1200 at both places next season, unless both teams are challenging for the title.