Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

intrigue at braintree...

Uncle Urchin

I heard that a braintree player was badly beaten up on tuesday after the game up there only to be met with utter silence when I asked the ryman bretheren if anyone knew about it....and then I saw this....

if it is the braintree player (and I am not saying it is).....why is the press release (from Chairman Lee) not saying so...

CLUB ASSIST ESSEX POLICE

If you have information - contact Braintree Police on 0300 333 444

Braintree Town Football Club are co-operating with Essex Police detectives who are investigating the circumstances surrounding an assault in Braintree in which a man was shot with a crossbow. Police were contacted shortly before 10pm on Tuesday, March 25 by a member of the public who stated a man had been shot in Braintree Town Football Club's car park. Officers arrived to find the injured man with a bolt in the side of his torso. The 25-year-old man from Ware in Hertfordshire was conveyed to Broomfield Hospital where he underwent surgery to remove the weapon. He is currently in a stable condition. A police spokesman said: "We're keen to speak with anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the football club's car park between 7-10pm on Tuesday night." Investigating officers believe the assailant drove off in a dark-coloured Audi. At this stage, there are no further details of who was in this car. Anyone with information in connection with this attack is urged to contact detectives at Braintree police station on 0300 333 4444 or to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.