Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Langford FC Centenary

Langford celebrate their centenary this year, and today was the launch of 'A Book Of Two Halves' a paperback, giving an insight into the history of the Club. Jim Broadbridge, better known as 'Reverend Jim', is the author and he has produced, in my opinion, a superb 100 pages of facts, anecdotes and pictures from the 100 years of Langford Football Club. This is another case, highlighted many times on here, of people gving up vast amounts of time and energy to non-league football clubs and without them those Clubs could not function, well done Jim.

MIKO, how is the book being sold? Do you have to get in touch with Langford FC to buy it, is it being sold via ebay etc?

I did read that Langford tried to set up a friendly with Luton Town to celebrate your centenary, its a shame that it never went through, has another team been arranged?

Holmer Green done a pennant last season Wader, though I'm sure you already know that, their is one proudly sitting on the wall in The 61FC clubhouse. A centenary badge would be a good idea too I would imagine.

Wader - I will find out this week if a pennant is being issued, It seems a good idea to me, and if so I am sure you would be one of the first to receive one.

AWK - Please contact Jim Broadbridge at Langford as I understand he is setting up a way for the book to be purchased, if you have any problems please PM me or put a note on here.

Dissapointing news on the Centenary Game, as you say Luton Town could not help and the same has happened with Stevenage Borough and others, however Frank Woodward has not, and will not give up and he is confident that a League club will be lined up soon.