Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Altrincham Away

eufckev

Another tough encounter this weekend, but a match we should win. Altrincham have been on some kind of form of late. They looked a good side on Setanta Monday night against Rushden & Diamonds. We have Paul MacCarthy suspended and Sacha Opinel is unlikely to play. My guesses are that James Smith and Dean Pooley will come into contention for this match. Our defenders need to keep on foot throughout, especially with Altrincham's striker Little scoring goals here and there.

My Predicition - Altrincham 0, Ebbsfleet United 2

Predicted team:

Cronin

Ricketts - Smith - Pooley - Charles

Slatter - Barrett - Hand - Long

Gash - Moore

Subs: Mott, Hawkins, Ibe, Stone, Purcell

I'm expecting this to be a good game and I'm sticking with my earlier prediction:

Altrincham 2-2 Ebbsfleet

Little Gash

Elam Moore

Att: 907

We're under no illusions about the quality of our opposition on Saturday and a draw would be a fine result. However, I think we've finally started to break our habit of giving teams too much respect and I think it will make for very entertaining viewing. (Or listening in my case!)

Good luck for the rest of the season (other than the games against us!).

Yes, he's played extremely well in our last couple of games. He wasn't starting games until recently because of a lack of fitness but he's really taken his chance well. We're not world beaters but there is certainly a lot more quality in the squad than in previous seasons.

Gash and Moore are quality players but it's so good to know Akinde won't be lining up against us tomorrow! I think you might miss Opinel too but I'm sure you have a very able replacement.

Originally Posted By: Slade Green Alty
Gash and Moore are quality players but it's so good to know Akinde won't be lining up against us tomorrow! I think you might miss Opinel too but I'm sure you have a very able replacement.

Just look at our side after Sacha went off up at Barrow last week. Dean Pooley came on, Charles moved to Sacha's position and Pooley took the centre alongside Paul MacCarthy. And it worked!