Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Kettering now Sunday 23rd November!!

mikefleet

I think that this game on Sunday will make it so that I have seen us play on every day of the week.

Attendance could be OK if we get a few lurkers from other sides taking in 2 games over the weekend.

It'll be up by one anyhow seeing as I can come now but there are likely to be others who are now stuffed via work/family etc.

Originally Posted By: Bernard
I think the last time we played on a Sunday was away at Chester in the first year in the Conference. I believe the supporters' coach broke down on the way back, leading to several Monday morning 'sickies' pulled.

Now I wished the Crewe game was on a Sunday... grin

I believe the supporters' coach broke down on the way back.

Remember it well. My first Sunday game, just didn't feel right, but a well earned 1-1 draw.

The coach didn't breakdown, but the windscreen wipers did. Half an hour into our return journey it started to rain and the fuse went. The fuse box cover had been sealed shut, and the driver didn't have a screwdriver, and he didn't want to break the cover open.
We spent over two hours waiting for a local garage to come out and open the fuse box and replace the fuse.
We got back to Stonebridge Road after eleven, and I got to work about half one in the morning.

Originally Posted By: Dave EUFC
I may be wrong but didn't we have a game on a sunday after playing the day before on the Saturday way back? Im talking earlyish Craig Wilkins era if that helps. Possibly Dr. Martens or early Ryman days?

Yes, in 2000/2001 - we lost 1-0 at home to Maidenhead on Sunday 22nd April (a 1:30pm kick-off, strangely), having lost 2-1 at Grays the day before. The season was badly hit by rain, if I recall, with all teams cramming in lots of games towards the end - so much so that mid-table Hendon didn't even complete their season, still having a couple of games left.

You'll be reassured to hear not all that was off the top of my head.

Originally Posted By: jc
Originally Posted By: Dave EUFC
I may be wrong but didn't we have a game on a sunday after playing the day before on the Saturday way back? Im talking earlyish Craig Wilkins era if that helps. Possibly Dr. Martens or early Ryman days?

Yes, in 2000/2001 - we lost 1-0 at home to Maidenhead on Sunday 22nd April (a 1:30pm kick-off, strangely), having lost 2-1 at Grays the day before. The season was badly hit by rain, if I recall, with all teams cramming in lots of games towards the end - so much so that mid-table Hendon didn't even complete their season, still having a couple of games left.

You'll be reassured to hear not all that was off the top of my head.

I knew it was something like that. I think i remember being very excited at the prospect of 2 games in 2 days... then we lost both...

I think the last time we played on a Sunday was away at Chester in the first year in the Conference. I believe the supporters' coach broke down on the way back, leading to several Monday morning 'sickies' pulled.

Yes I was on that coach. It was great getting in then having about 4 hrs sleep before work.

And ITV are showing the Histon v Leeds game the day of our Kettering game - the police have clearly requested an early kick off though as its a 1215 start, which is good news for us as the game will be finished by 2 o'clock or just after - normally the ITV Sunday game is a 1pm kick off which wouldnt have finished until almost 3 pm and would have deterred more people from coming to our game.