Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Big changes for FansFocus.Com for 2009!!

Hi,

First of all my apologies for not being able to dedicate a lot of time to this site over recent weeks. My own personal life has had some dramatic changes involving the future of my children and my marriage.

I have now signed an agreement for a new fast server at a data centre in London. This will speed up the site for the majority of users. I hope to move the site to this server early in January. Although if it can take place over Christmas, then it will.

Secondly I am seriously considering changing the forum software from ubb.threads to vBulletin. This is following several request and if it does take place will result in some major changes to the forums. With new software some features will go, others will be enhanced and several new features will be introduced. Vbulletin is one of the largest userbases of any forum software and has a lot of extras available to enhance the basic script. I would be grateful of your feedback on this proposal.

Once I have installed the software and put up a test site, I will detail some of the changes that would take place if we moved to vBulletin.

I hope to have a test site up prior to Christmas.

Thanks for your support and I promise everyone a much better site in 2009 than in 2008.

Ian

The new server is due to be delivered today, but depending upon the time of the courier I doubt it will be racked prior to Monday.

I will keep everyone informed of the progress.

I have the initial test forum up and running, but need to do a bit of work including importing of the data from this site to decide if this is the route that I am going down. More information soon.

• 1 month later...