Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What a day!!!

Hookey

With Hookey Jnr stil injured, we go to watch his teammates at home v Broomfield (Essex Olynpian League Senior Div 2).

About 15 minutes into the 2nd half, with Boomfield leading 0-2 and bearing in mind it was a 2:00pm KO, it all kicks off when the two managers have a bit of a punch up on the half way line. Nowt more than handbags really but neither manager refuses to leave the pitch when asked to by the ref, resulting in the ref abandoning the game. Right decision in my opinion, as the Ref gave them every opportunity and was clearly upset at having to abandon the game.

So with time to spare Beeswax and myself set off to Bowers to watch the ressies play GWR (GWR won 2-1).

I ring Blanchy to see how Bowers' first team are getting on away at Mauritius, only to be told the game is currently suspended at 1-1 while they wait for an ambulance, as a Bowers player (Former Burnham Rambos lad called Abbott) is down with a suspected broken ankle/leg. Bowers won 2-1 and I hope the lad is ok.

I'm sure Blanchy will give you chapter and verse as and when!!!

Trust me Billyricay, it was nothing. The spectators, myself included, were not involved in any way. Yes we did gather round the dugouts but only to ensure it didn't get out of hand and kick off. The two managers were the only protagonists, they tried to get at each other but were prevented from doing so by those gathered, including the players, who by the way were also not involved. I didn't see a single punch being thrown.