Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

STEP 5 CLUBS PROMOTED

9 champions with the ground grading ROMFORD HUNGERFORD VCD ATHLETIC MARKET DRAYTON MICKELOVER FLYDE BIGGLESWADE BEDFONT AND LOWESTOFT

2 runners up will move up HORSHAM AND VT FC

MEANING 11 TEAMS FROM 14 LEAGUES GO UP WHICH MEANS JUST 11 STEP 4 WILL COME DOWN.

.. interesting that no-one wanted to come up from the Western League this season, apart from Frome who weren't in contention and whose ground was a bit decrepit when I went last year...

... by the way its Bedfont GREEN who've come up from the CCL (as opposed to those plane spotters @ Bedfont wink ) .. and they have about five grounds to choose from - three of their own yet they prefer to 'rent' Stag Meadow from Windsor & Eton.

Horsham YMCA only went down last season - their ground looked much better than their 'bigger' neighbours' Horsham who had to vacate the Atspeed Stadium last season and move in with Worthing.

So presumably the SSML get Hillingdon B.?

... and how come no-one else applied from the UCL - other than Daventry and St.Ives - I'd have thought NPT might have thought it worth a punt?

.... and do Bigg T. go ISTH 1 N or Southern Midland - the NL Forum 'suggests' the latter??

.... do they get a choice?

Originally Posted By: royals26
...... and do Bigg T. go ISTH 1 N or Southern Midland - the NL Forum 'suggests' the latter??
....do they get a choice?

You can guarantee that Wader knows but he won't be letting on just yet. I gather it's touch and go whether Hillingdon Borough will survive but lets hope they will, considering they were in an FA Vase Final only three years ago something has gone seriously wrong

Wader - I note that you are meeting Dunstable Town in the final of the Bedfordshire FA Senior Cup on Thursday 7 May at Luton Town, that will cap your season in fine style won't it playing on the hallowed Kenilworth Road turf. I'll see you there.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Wader - I note that you are meeting Dunstable Town in the final of the Bedfordshire FA Senior Cup on Thursday 7 May at Luton Town, that will cap your season in fine style won't it playing on the hallowed Kenilworth Road turf. I'll see you there.

... quite appropriate bearing in mind the news out of Creasey Pk this PM - according to the great and good on the Tony K forum The Blues have been deducted 13 pts alleged to be something to do with registration 'irregularities'. shocked

This would reprieve Woodford Utd and presumably mean Dunstable Town are demoted to the SSMP for 09/10 - one division above their tenants AFC?

Originally Posted By: Doris Wanderer

another has had a rework based on assumptions, second & educated guesses, and come up with two possible league/division line ups for next season;

BGBSW1

Abingdon United
AFC Totton
Andover
Beaconsfield SYCOB
Bedfont Green
Bridgwater Town
Burnham
Cinderford Town
Cirencester Town
Frome Town
Gosport Borough
Hungerford Town
Mangotsfield United
Marlow
North Leigh
Paulton Rovers
Slough Town
Taunton Town
Thatcham Town
VT FC
Windsor & Eton
Yate Town

or

AFC Sudbury
Arlesey Town
Aylesbury United
Barton Rovers
Beaconsfield SYCOB
Bedfont Green
Biggleswade Town
Burnham
Bury Town
Chesham United
Cheshunt
Harlow Town
Hitchin Town
Leighton Town
Lowestoft Town
Marlow
Potters Bar Town
Rothwell Town
Slough Town
Soham Town Rangers
Ware
Windsor & Eton

An interesting post elsewhere, does anyone have any thoughts, what would Wader's preference be

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

What was the result?

AWK - I would have liked to have got to Kenilworth Road last night particularly as you were there however I was cordially invited to a Kentish Town 'reunion' event so I couldn't very well decline as the likes of Jonathan Donoghue, Javier Rivera and Clement attended. I won't go into any great detail of what was discussed but obviously how the Club was allowed to fall into such rapid decline was high on the agenda when everything in the garden was looking so rosy less than a year ago. Did you bump into Wader last night.

I did keep an eye out for Wader but unfortunately I didn't see him there Rhodes. I must be a lucky omen for Dunstable Town as that is the second time I have seen them in the Beds Senior Cup final and the second time they have won despite being second best, the other time they were ripped apart by Bedford Town who somehow conspired to lose 1-0 to them at Arlesey Town's ground a few season's ago.

AWK - Presumably you have met Wader before or know what he looks like so maybe he wasn't there on Thursday, you would have surely spotted him strutting his stuff and 'lording it up' at a 'manor' such as Kenilworth Road. Is the Bedfordshire Senior Cup Final always played on the hallowed turf, I don't remember it being last season.

I haven't met Wader yet Rhodes, but I do know what he looks like thanks to facebook.

The Beds Senior Cup Final was held at Kenilworth Road last year, previous to this unfortunately Luton showed little interest in the local county competitions and in fact that is why the Beds Premier Cup is a one off match-it was because Luton didn't want to play in a knock out competition so the Beds FA came up with a one off match that was agreed to.

After the new owners took control of Luton last season they got in touch with the Beds FA and offered Kenilworth Road as the venue for the Senior Cup Final, which was obviously taken up so both cup finals have been held there since.