Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Paul Burgess ..Ashford Town legend

Weeble

It was an honour to be asked to assist in the management of the Ashford Town ledgends V Spurs Ledgends for a player that many of u know at Combined Counties level.

Burgo has served Ashford town for 20 yrs and has played against nearly all of the teams at this level before being one of several players good enough to stand the test of time and higher levels of football. I am sure Burgo could have become a pro because in my opinion I have not seen a better keeper than him at any level of non-league football and believe u me I have played a bit...

I write this as a testament to the quality that the Combined counties produce on a season to season basis and after being in non-league football for a long time and now in the Zam league there really is not a lot of difference between leagues..Fitness, desire and the ability to learn and listen, may be the reason he has done it and a lot of others wont.