Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Coulsdon v Hartley Witney

Smudge

I took myself along to Woodplace Lane this afternoon to watch a very entertaining game,played on an excellent Surface.The game was played in a great competive spirit by both Teams , a credit to both Clubs.These 2 sides from Chairman,Managers,Players, are what I like about Non League,Friendly, Hospitable,and most of all approachable.Yes I do have my moments,my rants,but it comes straight from the heart.I was in action as a stretcher bearer when a Coulsdon Player was injured,and retrieved many balls.The Referee Mr.WOOD,and his Assistants had a good game,only made 2 errors,which in C.C.L. IS EXCEPTIONAL.Hartley deserved their win,with an awesome First Half performance 4-0 half time,but full credit to Coulsdon who never gave up, and battled to the End 4-0 Full time.Your never believe it me and Spy,kissed and made up.Well not literally.BOB AND DOT,COULSDON F.C. are the most welcoming hosts,just behind LUKE, HARTLEY WITNEY that I have personaly met this Season, true SALT OF THE EARTH PEEPS.

Can they be releagated this season???

They can be. Bottom two to go down in the league rules but, as the division's one team short, I expect only the bottom team can go down. Whether they will be or not is another matter. It all depends on whether anyone can come up from the Surrey Elite or Middlesex Leagues. Hayes Gate are the only team I know of who've applied but then Farnborough North End want to move from the Wessex League to the CCL.

One of the seasoned groundhoppers was at Crescent Rovers yesterday and they've got themselves prepared for possible relegation to the Surrey Elite. They can't get planning permission for a rail let alone a stand and floodlights so they know their days are numbered. It's just a matter of time - the same as it is for every team in division 1 without the right facilities. There aren't many clubs in the area at lower levels who have got the right facilities so some teams may have a few more years in the CCL yet - it all depends on how much the FA force the issue with the league.

And then there's the question of whether Chobham, and anyone else who's struggling, can keep going at this level.

He doesn't wanna be named at the moment because he's still working at a ryman club, but a very good coach with plenty of experience. Will work well with the current management there.

i hear things are on the up down there. One of my good mates in joining them in a coaching capacity next season. Can they be releagated this season???

Who is your mate, then???