Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Whays happened to Romford Reserves

Frim Romford's website...

It is with great regret that your committee have withdrawn our title winning reserve team from the Essex Olympian League with immediate effect.

You may remember how we struggled to find suitable facilities this past season which the EOL would pass fit for us to play on and we finally got the OK to use the Fire Brigade/Aveley Sports Ground.

It appears that as the season has progressed the changing facilities at the FBASG have deteriorated to such an extent that the league have refused to allow us to play EOL matches there again next season .

Sadly, as we found before, we have no financially suitable alternative available to us so we have had to finish our links with the EOL.

Afternoon Kaiser.

Yes, looking forward to playing your boys next season. To be fair , we done well to get promotion, there are some good teams in Div 2. Unfortunately for us we met Romford at the wrong time of the season and they played some first teamers. I've got no complaints and it was a bloody good game to watch

Afternoon Kaiser.

Yes, looking forward to playing your boys next season. To be fair , we done well to get promotion, there are some good teams in Div 2. Unfortunately for us we met Romford at the wrong time of the season and they played some first teamers. I've got no complaints and it was a bloody good game to watch

To be fair we only had one first teamer playing on Saturday and he wasn't a regular by any means.

I agree though it was a cracking match, and good luck for next season.

Morning OS.

I don't think it makes a whole load of difference how many 1st teamers played (Fletch told me there were 3), I just hope your boys find a ground so you can play. Either way, if your boys fancy a pre-season friendly at our place, you'd be more than welcome.

I hope you get everything sorted mate

Morning OS.

I don't think it makes a whole load of difference how many 1st teamers played (Fletch told me there were 3), I just hope your boys find a ground so you can play. Either way, if your boys fancy a pre-season friendly at our place, you'd be more than welcome.

I hope you get everything sorted mate

Thanks Boycie01,

To be absulutely accurate there were 3 players who had first team experience but by no means were regular first teamers. The reserves have stood on their own in terms of management and players all through the season which makes their achievement all the more creditable considering their youthfulnesss. I have no idea at all what the squad/team average was against Runwell though!

Hi Romboro.

TBH it wouldn't have bothered me if all the players had first team experience, I just thoroughly enjoyed the game.

The one thing i have found at this level that really frustrates me, is the amount of managers and coaches who moan like old women because the ESL Reserve sides in DIV2 had played some or all of their first team. Personally I think that's exactly what reserve sides are for, to play players coming back from injury or to make sure fringe players get a game.......or is it just me ????

Hi Romboro.

TBH it wouldn't have bothered me if all the players had first team experience, I just thoroughly enjoyed the game.

The one thing i have found at this level that really frustrates me, is the amount of managers and coaches who moan like old women because the ESL Reserve sides in DIV2 had played some or all of their first team. Personally I think that's exactly what reserve sides are for, to play players coming back from injury or to make sure fringe players get a game.......or is it just me ????

Too true Boycie. At the end of the day we were both in promotion places so it was just the bragging rights of top spot that were being played for.

Agree wholeheartedly (as I have said elsewhere) that it was a cracking game. Your lads bossed the first quarter of the game and it was evenish up to half time.

We took the lead and honours for most of the second half but your lads put us under the cosh for the last ten minutes or so.

Quite honestly it was such a good game between two very competitive and skilful teams that although I felt please for our lads when they won in the end I wouldn't have been broken hearted if it had gone the other way.

Hope you have a good season in Division One. I understand that our committee are still trying to sort something out for our lads who are far too good for us not to find some way for them to represent our club next season.

Latest news on a Romford FC reserve team for next season!

Boro’s Essex Olympian League Senior Division Two title winning reserve side who have just resigned from this league due to the lack of suitable playing facilities being available to them for 2010/11 have made arrangements to play close to home next season.

Their players will, just as they did in 2008/9, combine to form part of a Capital League squad with their first team’s landlords Aveley FC which will be run by last season's Romford EOL reserve team manager Chris Auger.