Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Riddles

Rob_the_Saint

A few to ponder...

1. There are ten bags containing marbles. Each bag has at least 10 marbles in it. Nine of the bags contains only marbles weighting 10 grams each. One of the bags contains only marbles weighing nine grams each. Each bag has a different number of marbles in it. All of the marbles look exactly the same. The riddle is how can you know which bag has the nine gram marbles if the only device allowed to be used is a weighing scales which you can use only once?

2. President Clinton is listed as the 41st US president, but only 40 men have held the office. Why?

3. A man while looking at a photograph said, "Brothers and sisters have I none. That man's father is my father's son." Who was the person in the photograph?

4. What happened in 1961 that will not happen again for over 4000 years?

5. A man wanted to enter an exclusive club but did not know the password that was required. He waited by the door and listened. A club member knocked on the door and the doorman said, "twelve." The member replied, "six " and was let in. A second member came to the door and the doorman said, "six." The member replied, "three" and was let in. The man thought he had heard enough and walked up to the door. The doorman said ,"ten" and the man replied, "five." But he was not let in.

What should have he said?

6. A sheik announced that a race would decide which of his two sons would inherit all his wealth. The sons were to ride their camels to a certain distant city. The son whose camel reached the city last would be given all the sheik's wealth.

The two sons set out on the journey. After severals days of aimless wandering, they met and agreed to seek the advice of a wiseman. After listening to the wiseman's advice, the two sons rode the camels as quickly as possible to the designated city.

What was it that the wiseman told the two sons? They did not agree to split the wealth, and their father's decree would be followed.

(2) Grover Cleveland held it twice, but not consecutively

(3) His own son

(4) The date can be read the same upside down, I think the next one is 6009

(5) 3, it's all about the number of letters in the number

(6) He must have told them to switch camels, so whoever got there first would win instead of who came last.

I think I know the first one as well, but I need to work it out a bit more and make sure I'm right

OK I have the anwer to the 1st one, but it's pretty long winded, so apologies to anyone who doesn't like math.

you have to line the bags up and then take 1 marble out of the first, 2 out of the second, 3 out of the 3rd etc etc. You'll have 55 marbles. You then need to weigh them.

If all the marbles were 10g each, the weight would be 550g, but some are only 9g, so the number of grammes away from 550g is the number of 9g marbles you have, which corresponds to which bag you took them out of.

For example, weight - 543 - 7 away from 550 - 7 marbles - bag 7

Good lord lol