Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Quick, Andy, let's sign Collymore!

Stu M

He doesn't even want much money!!

>>>

Stan Collymore is waiting for the right offer to seal his return to football.

The former England striker will consider a playing comeback to domestic football two years after announcing his retirement.

Collymore quit the game following a short, unhappy spell at Spanish club Oviedo.

He told the BBC Sport website: "The fact that clubs have shown an interest has whetted my appetite."

The mercurial striker has carved out a career as a pundit for BBC Radio Five Live.

Collymore's retirement announcement prompted Oviedo to pursue a breach of contract claim through local courts instead of through Fifa.

I wouldn't even consider it if I didn't think I could make an impact

Collymore was able to retain his own registration, and with no Fifa action against him, he has held a standard-issue temporary permission to play since his return to the UK.

The six-month temporary clearance becomes permanent in January 2004, when Collymore could be ready to dust off his boots.

"When I said I was retiring that was the intention, but with the caveat that if somewhere in the future an opportunity came along, I would consider it," said Collymore.

"But it would have to be the right offer for both parties."

"It's not a question of finance or money, but purely for football reasons.