Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Runwell 3-3 Southminster

To be completely honest this was 1 point gained for Southminster rather than 2 points lost. Runwell were by far the better team showing more hunger and more quality.

Good character from our boys who we 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 down before equalising in the last few minutes.

Videos and photos are online and match report coming soon.

Good warm up for the Buckhurst Hill game this saturday. I have seen them a couple of times recently and they are nothing like they were last year . They were a good side last year but their manager left in the pre-season and a new guy has taken over. A lot of last season's players went with the old manager and they now lack pace (which they had loads of last season). I think you will give them a good game and probably nick it. Ex Hornchurch player Jamie Richards was up top earlier in the season but wasnt there saturday v Hutton, so not sure if he is still there or left but he is the danger.

VOR - Yes you are correct but he built a good side and a lot of the players would have stayed if he had. We tried to sign Daran and a couple of others and they all said they were at B Hill because of him and would have stayed with him. I know for a fact he was consulted by the players who have moved to different clubs in the EOFL (thankfully one to us) . I am sure if he decided to comeback the players would be with him. He wasnt everyone's favourite but built a good side / club and they all liked him and played for him but he had enough of it and wanted out (his words). Having watched them against Hutton I bet B Hill wish he had not left. Southminster will give them a good game saturday as they (Hill)are not as strong and Southminster are stronger than in the past. I was impressed by Hutton and Meadwright looks good. They could go all the way in the League if they dont get bogged down in the Cups. Williams has Westhamians on a roll but discipline could be a telling factor there. Springfield are quietly coming through the divisions and have some good players. All in all I think the Olympian League looks good this year and the games I have watched have been better football than the ones in the ESL.

SW which club are you involved with if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you for your kind words about us. We have a bit of an injury crisis at the moment but are not looking to hide behind that. We will still be capable of giving B Hill a test on Saturday.

Hopefully after Xmas we can field our strongest XI week in week out and put a solid run together.

SW which club are you involved with if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you for your kind words about us. We have a bit of an injury crisis at the moment but are not looking to hide behind that. We will still be capable of giving B Hill a test on Saturday.

Hopefully after Xmas we can field our strongest XI week in week out and put a solid run together.

Speaking of injuries, how's Chris Lewis coming along?

Still out injured Hookey but making progress. We have started the season without Chris and Ross Adams who are arguably 2 of our strongest players. We have also lost our goalkeeper to injury recently who has been superb for us.

Are you having to go between the sticks?

SW to be honest if you watch Kelvedon each week then you are bound to say that the standard of the Olympian is better than the ESL because they probably play the best football of all the Olympian teams, every time I watch them I am impressed with the way they try to play the game. Not that I have seen that many games recently, is Nick Stagg still managing them?