Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

mathews put out on loan

can1972

I can only see this as a good thing?

He's played a few matches recently and clearly has potential, however I'm not sure he would get picked ahead of Dumas. Going on loan will give him that extra bit of experience he needs, whilst building up his confidence and match fitness.

Glen obviously has faith in Jamie otherwise I don't think he would've picked him to start at Aveley, as the usually routine would've been to put Westy or even Wardy there.

At 19 going out on loan is probably the best experience he's going to get of regular competitve football and (usually) means that when he comes back he'll have a chance to further stake a claim in the first team.

Remember we have several youngsters who have had a chance to show their stuff this season; Gilbey, Nolan, Pardoe and Levett have all been named for at least one competitive game and apprently Danny Buglione was back training last night, another 19 year old.

With Kerrigan and Spendlove now released some openings are starting to show in the squad in the positions that these youngsters can fill.