Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnham

manurgrate

I'll try not to overdo the cliches but this was a match that we looked like " winning at a canter" but " made heavy weather of it" and won in the end " by the skin of our teeth".

We played some terrific football for most of the first half, took an early lead following a well worked short corner enabled Alex to deliver one of his trade mark crosses at pace and head height and it just needed a touch from Weighty to open the scoring. We continued to dominate possession and only some last ditch defending and disappointing finishing kept the score down.

It seemed to be just a question of how many we were going to win by and just as I was thinking that Farnham would never score, of course, they did. " To be fair" their no 9 delivered a super cross but our defence got in a muddle and one the smallest players on the pitch nodded it into an unguarded net.

This seemed to energise Farnham and after the break it was much more even contest. We still had chances with Bradley having a one on one with their keeper and then Jack Beadle put us in front with an excellent individual goal leaving their full back " for dead" and shooting low and hard from an acute angle.

We have complained about being on the wrong end of some refereeing decisions this season but yesterday we did get the " rub of the green" in more than one sense as Joe was only booked after a " red mist moment" for a wild challenge. This followed several minutes of altercations with their bench. We also may have been a bit fortunate when Will appeared to pull back their centre forward and he was the last defender.

Farnham had couple of " gilt edged" chances at the end but overall we just about deserved the win after our first half performance.

Ben is doing a great job for us, but I have to admit, along with most of the travelling support, that I didn't think we started with our best team yesterday.But " at the end of the day" it is only his judgement that matters.

Archived