Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues ready for Gateshead trip - George

FF News

Tomorrow’s trip to Gateshead will be a tough one – but a game that Chester will be well prepared for; according to Luke George.

The Blues can leapfrog Saturday afternoon’s opponents - who have just appointed Neil Aspin as Manager - with a win, and the 23-year-old says the team can do just that.

Speaking to ChesterFC.com, he said: “They’ll play with a high tempo – but the Macca and Gaffer will have us prepared and we’ll be going there solid and going for the three points.

“You always see a manager sacked and teams go on and win the next game.

“The players there will have a point to prove to a new manager – and they want to play themselves into that team.”

On Tuesday, the Blues completed the first half of this season’s fixture list – but George believes the best is yet to come.

Luke said: “That word ‘inconsistent’ comes to mind.

“It’s a frustrated dressing room because we know if we can produce the performances we can week in, week out – it falls into place. I think we want to be top seven or eight come January and February and then
you’re right in that mix.

“We have a few tough fixtures coming up – but if we can pick up points that puts us in a good place for what I think is a massive Christmas period.

“We’ve got some opportunities to pick up points – and that sets you up nicely.”

The 23rd game of the season was a 1-1 draw with high-flying Dover – which is valued as a gritty and positive point by the squad.

The midfielder said: “Obviously they are up there. We knew what they were going to come and do; and we had to do that ourselves. It wasn’t pretty on the eye for the fans, but in this League you have to do that sometimes.

“The weather and the pitch made it hard; but so did Dover. They’re a big side and a physical side, they don’t give you long on the ball – and it did pan out that way. We’re pleased with a point but we wanted the three.”

The fixture three days ago was a particular pleasing night for Luke, who was named Captain of the side for the night: “It’s something I’ve done before, and for Chester it was a proud feeling for me.

“Obviously I’ve been in and out of the side with injuries – but it’s good to be back out there. Being the Captain gives you that extra boost, and I’m made up I was chosen.”

Source:www.chesterfc.com

Source

Archived