Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A couple of non league snippets

3spirit

Just seen that Kingstonian have signed Alan Inns from Farnborough. Now he is a class centre-half. Pity we couldn't have got him.

Also on Twitter,seems Dean Thomas,manager of Kettering is becoming the ex-manager there! 

Just seen that Kingstonian have signed Alan Inns from Farnborough. Now he is a class centre-half. Pity we couldn't have got him.

Also on Twitter,seems Dean Thomas,manager of Kettering is becoming the ex-manager there! 

It was also reported on the Farnborough web-site that Alan Inns was one of the players signing back on for next season. 

Perhaps he sees Kingstonian as a better bet for promotion either that or they made him a better offer.

I know our management team are aquaintences of Alan Inns and would have been a very good player to get but other factors often come into the equation like travelling etc.

Edited by Reading Rebel

Don't mind admitting I did have a chat with Innsy a few weeks ago as he's a lad I know well. His best mate is Graham Harper who is assisting the new K's manager Tommy Williams so it was an opportunity he couldn't turn down to go over there with him.

There are a lot of chats like that at the end of the season between managers and players because until anyone commits to signing for you it's important to have options and if you put all your eggs in one basket you could end up with no-one!

It's well documented that we needed to bring in a centre half and we probably had 5 or 6 names on our list at various point over the past few weeks. The important thing is we are both delighted with the lad who has agreed to sign and we look forward to being able to announce that one soon when the time is right.

Don't mind admitting I did have a chat with Innsy a few weeks ago as he's a lad I know well. His best mate is Graham Harper who is assisting the new K's manager Tommy Williams so it was an opportunity he couldn't turn down to go over there with him.

There are a lot of chats like that at the end of the season between managers and players because until anyone commits to signing for you it's important to have options and if you put all your eggs in one basket you could end up with no-one!

It's well documented that we needed to bring in a centre half and we probably had 5 or 6 names on our list at various point over the past few weeks. The important thing is we are both delighted with the lad who has agreed to sign and we look forward to being able to announce that one soon when the time is right.

Unders, you are a tease   :D 

Gary Abbott was assistant manager at Kingstonian, is he still there? 

At least,you tried to sign Alan Inns. Knew he would be in demand. Intrigued about who you have signed. l will now be trawling through loads of club websites/forums looking for clues.

Sad old git, I know ! ha ha!   

After getting promoted St Albans have increased their admission prices to £15 for an adult.

Some supporters are threatening to boycott games unless the prices are reduced.

Seems also that St Albans made losses of approx. £100k last season and 125k the previous season   :o

Edited by Reading Rebel

I think with the majority it is down to the principle of a 25% increase rather than affordability. I think the going rate for Conference South is £12.

What some will do is not buy programmes, goalden goal etc. and with some supporters picking and choosing their games the club will probably be worse off. 

I often think that there is a certain inelasticity to entrance prices which is highlighted none more so than in the Premiership

For example, lets say we charged £15, the vast majority would still come as the options are:

- Pay £15 (still cheaper and more convenient than a FL game)

- Sit at home and do nothing

- Take up fishing

- Go and watch another local team for cheaper like Burnham?

I think we would maybe drop a few of the fans who go to a game here and there but the majority will still come imo

Mark44, as said, of the supporters that do turn up, some would stop buying sundry items, you would also lose a portion of any away support who refuse to pay what they would say is a rip-off price.

Unless St Albans are successful IMO they are shooting themselves in the foot for a couple of quid extra.

Reece Yorke rumoured to be joining - good defender

You may be right but I thought the new centre half played last season in the Southern Premier,although I may have got the wrong end of the stick on this.