Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tulips chairman announces new year exit

FF News

Spalding United are looking for a new chairman to lead them into the second half of the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League season after Andrew Gay announced that work commitments would force him to step down in the New Year.

The First Division South's Tulips revealed on Monday that a change of employment will force Gay to reluctantly relinquish a role he only took up in May as the successor to former chairman Chris Toynton.

Spalding's co-vice chairman Eddie Reeve paid tribute to the popular and long-standing supporter who took over the running of the social club at the Sir Halley Stewart Field in 2013 and oversaw a vast improvement in facilities and services for fans before becoming chairman.

In a club statement announcing the news, Reeve said: “During his time in office Andy has done sterling work for the club, promoting us in so many ways as a community club. He has seen the youth section grow to 20 plus teams from the youngest age group to U18s and a reserves team, winning promotion last season, to bridge the gap to the senior side.

“In addition, he has been instrumental in the refurbishment of the social club and the provision of a new covered standing area for spectators. He will be a hard act to follow but if there is anyone in the community, man or woman, who feels confident enough to fill the void, then I ask them to get in touch."

Despite telling his boardroom colleagues that he needed to devote more of the limited free time he would have to his family next year, Gay still hopes to be involved as much as possible.

He said: "Being chairman has been a challenge I have cherished but my change of employment will not allow me to devote the amount of time needed to continue. But I am not walking away totally. My wife Jennifer and I will continue to be involved with the social club and we will help out in any way possible if time allows."

For more information on the chairman's role, interested parties should contact the club's secretary Louise Maplethorpe via email in the first instance at: secretary@spaldingunited.net.

Source: www.evostikleague.co.uk

Source

Archived