Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hattersley wants Chester to build on Trophy win

FF News

Chester's loan striker Danny Hattersley believes Saturday's FA Trophy win can the catalyst to reignite the Blues’ season.

Speaking to ChesterFC.com, the forward said: “All week we were saying that a win would put us back on track, and now we can take this back into the league next weekend.

“You come somewhere like here and they’re hoping we’re not going to be up for it, but it wasn't the case.

“We really wanted the win, and we really wanted a clean sheet, so a 2-0 win and everyone's buzzing to be through to the Second Round.”

The Blues learnt that Hungerford Town would visit the Lookers Vauxhall Stadium in Round Two after yesterday’s draw, potentially four wins away from a big day down South for Hattersley and rest of the squad.

“We’re in this Cup to win it.

“We’re not making the numbers up and whoever we face along the way, we’ll go into in it believing we’ll win. There's no reason why this group can’t get to Wembley.”

Hattersley didn't get himself on the scoresheet at the New Bucks Head Stadium on Saturday, but paid tribute to talisman Ross Hannah – who now has eight goals in his last eight games for the Blues.

Speaking on his strike partner, the forward said: “Ross is a top finisher, and I know if I can get the ball, hold it up, and give it to him, he can get the ball in the back of the net.

“I can do that too, of course, but the chances aren't coming to me at the minute but I don't mind if Ross is scoring and the team are winning.”

The striker joined the Club before last months transfer deadline, and the move sees the Halifax loanee here until the other side of Christmas.

Speaking on the move he said, “I'm really enjoying myself here. It's really good, the training is professional and the lads are great.

“Last few games I don't think we've had the rub of the green but I think we're playing good football hopefully we can begin to turn it around after this win.”

Hattersley was replaced with a few minutes remaining against Telford, and early himself a standing ovation from the traveling Cestrian army.

Speaking on the support, he commented: “The fans are tremendous. I've only been here three games but Gateshead, Cheltenham and today - it's outstanding.”

Source: www.chesterfc.com

Source

Archived