Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Blues boss Stringer ready for Weston trip

FF News

Bishops Stortford will look to avenge September’s 1-0 home loss against Weston-super-Mare when they make the long trip to Somerset on Saturday.

They will face a team sitting three places and as many points below Stortford in 18th place with 20 points, both sides having played 19 games.

Weston go into the game with three straight victories but like the Blues, they have struggled at home with just eight points from nine games, and five defeats on their own pitch.

Blues boss Rod Stringer sees similarities between his side at Weston: “They’re a decent footballing team, one of the best I’ve seen this season, but like us they’re young and maybe need to be a bit more direct at times.

“It’s going to be a tough game but we’re looking forward to getting back into action.”

There are still a few seats available on the coach for Saturday’s game. Mail j.turner.co.uk for details.

Both sides have gone a couple of weeks without a game; Following their 5-4 Herts Charity Cup win against Royston Town, Blues had a blank Saturday last week, while Weston have seen their home FA Trophy tie against Wealdstone postponed twice due to a waterlogged pitch.”

Blues will be without Sheldon Sellears and Kenzer Lee due to injury while Anthony Church is due to return to action in Boxing Day’s home game against St Albans City but there is likely to be at least one new face in Stringer’s side.

Goalkeeper Ross Fitzsimons joins from Bolton Wanderers and Stringer is pleased with his new signing:

“He looks decent” he said, “and I think we needed to shore things up as we were leaking too many goals. Some were defensive mistakes but some were by Tom [Lovelock] and my first port of call was to make us stronger between the sticks.

“I’m also hoping to add another player from a Premiership side tomorrow.”

The away team went home happy on both occasions when the sides met last season, with Blues gaining a 1-0 victory at Weston on the opening day of the season with Ryan Melaugh netting the only goal deep into added time at the end of the match. In the return fixture in February the Seagulls avenged the earlier defeat with a 4-3 success.

After Adam Bailey-Dennis had put Blues ahead we conceded four goals in an 18 minute spell either side of the break with three of the goals being scored by the visitors’ Jamie Lucas. Ashley Miller and Mikel Suarez netted before the final whistle for Stortford but we couldn’t claim an equaliser in a frantic final few minute"

Source: www.bsfc.co.uk

Source

Archived