Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

AFC HAYES 0 ASHFORD 5

smoking-gun

What a show by Ashford turning on the style and all round team performance,which allowed Ashford to brush Hayes aside.Ashford could have gone into double figure's if it wasn't for the Hayes keeper who had a very good game and probably the only Hayes player to walk off the pitch with his head held high(well done to him).

Tom Brunton along side Max Webb controlled the mid field ably supported by Bailey Mummery.

Good to see Mark Bitmead and Dan Flemming up front again Hayes could not handle them.

Ashford's makeshift defence with Sammad and Josh as centre backs did well and Tyler had very little to do.

With such a good display by all the Ashford players this writer finds it difficult to pick the man of the match but in my opinion Tom Brunton with his command of the mid field and passing gets my vote.

Goals from Bitz(2) Jack Beadle(2) Bailey Mummery(1).

That was just about the most one- sided match that I have ever seen,  5 nil was a flattering scoreline for Hayes, we had so many chances it could have been double figures.

Their keeper excelled himself, the best save being from a point blank header in the first half.As well as scintillating football there were two contenders for goal of the season, Bailey's in the first half, a left screamer from distance and Jack's in the second half, a right footed pile-driver from 30 yards.

Well done to everyone, a great performance. 

Really enjoyed the game Saturday.  Jack is playing well at the moment and took his goals very well especially the 2nd goal.  Didn't know what game to expect when I saw the pitch but we got the ball down and played some great stuff. 

Difficult to pick a man of the match as everyone put a shift in.

Well done Ben and the team - Happy Christmas all.

Archived