Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Rovers keeper confident of a successful season

FF News

Tranmere Rovers goalkeeper Scott Davies is confident that the club can move up the league table, starting with the upcoming Christmas fixtures.

Rovers travel to Macclesfield Town on Boxing Day looking to get back to winning ways and Davies said there were plenty of positive signs from last weekend's 1-1 draw at FC Halifax Town.

The shot-stopper said: "Last Saturday, we took what the gaffer and the coaching staff had been asking and, to a man, we did the jobs that we were asked.

"I think we should have won the game and, if we continue to do those things we've been working on, then we'll be where we need to be at the end of the season.

"I think we've perhaps been pressing too much at the other end to score goals and that sometimes is detrimental to the defence.

"But it's not just defence and attack, we are one unit and I think last Saturday we looked like that with a threat going forward and looking solid at the back.

"I still believe we'll go on and have a successful season. If you look at the spell at the start of the season where we went nine games unbeaten, I don't think we really hit our stride in those matches.

"After that, we've had a bad spell, but we're still not too far from where we need to be. Last Saturday, we showed good signs and hopefully we can kick on now."

The 28-year-old goalkeeper knows that it is an important time of the season and wants the side to be sat in a better position at the beginning of 2016.

He said: "The Christmas period can define a team's season so we have to make sure we come out of it unscathed.

"With so many games in a short space of time, we have to make sure that our confidence after this run of games is sky high and we're in a good position in the New Year.

"We're in at 9:30am on Christmas morning. It's part and parcel of being a professional footballer. We're looked after in so many other ways, so if we have to be in on Christmas morning then so be it.

"I have a family, a little boy, and I'll make sure I spend time with him but as well as making sure we're ready to go on Boxing Day."

Source: www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Source

Archived