Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shaymen midfielder hails team performance

FF News

In-form midfielder Kingsley James rescued FC Halifax Town from the jaws of defeat, as The Shaymen stretched their unbeaten run to eight matches at the hands of Lincoln City.

Town looked destined for their first defeat in seven games under Jim Harvey, until James popped up with the leveler, and he felt it could have been better if they had finished off their chances.

He said: “I think it would have been a disaster if we’d of got nothing out the game after the amount of chances we’ve created. We could of comfortably won the game. It wasn’t quite dropping for us, and I thought maybe we weren’t going to be able to nick that goal, but the lads never stopped running and never gave up, and we deserved the goal in the end.

“It was a great team performance, everyone worked hard and credit to the boys because they’ve left everything on the pitch and that has kept the unbeaten run going.”

The togetherness was on show once again, as the players came back twice, and the first time they have had to do that under Jim Harvey to take the point, and James believes everyone is working for each other.

“Everyone in the dressing is working for each other,” said the South Yorkshire man. “They are working so hard and we just want to get ourselves away from the bottom four, and climb the table.”

“When we came in at half time, I thought we could have been two or three clearer, and that was disappointing, but positive because we were creating them chances. Second half I felt we had more clear cut chances but that how it goes sometimes but you have to keep going, and everyone kept pushing.”

It’s now two goals in two games for the Chester FC man, and nine goals for the season, but he stats he isn’t getting carried away with his run of goal scoring form.

“I’m not getting too carried away with myself, I’m taking every game as it comes. Having Nicky (Wroe) in there helps me to go forward a lot more because I know he’ll be there helping out because he reads the situation, and that helps me go forward and make those runs. I keep shooting, and it keeps going in. The second goal sums us up as a team at the minute.”

Source: www.halifaxafc.co.uk

Source

Archived