Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Mariners boss satisfied with FA Trophy progress

FF News

Grimsby Town boss Paul Hurst wasn't entirely pleased with the performance against Weston-Super-Mare, but was pleased to get through to the FA Trophy Third Round.

He said: "We're through, that was the main objective.

"I think we should give Weston-Super-Mare some credit, they knocked the ball around quite well. Once we finally got to a point where we got some information on them, that's what we were fed back to be honest, that they play good football.

“Overall I always though that we were going to score goals. Had we needed another gear I think we could have clicked into one – but I don't like that. I don't like that from the players and I said it to them afterwards.”

And the Town boss admitted that Scott Brown and Jack Mackreth, who were both left out of his side on Saturday, could be set for moves away from the club.

He said: “I think they are two players who have found it hard to break into the team and the squad for large parts this season.  But at this moment in time, there has been a few enquiries for those two, but certainly far from anything being done.”   

Source: www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk

Source

Archived