Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wood named as Club President at Gateshead

FF News

Following the completion of the transitional period at Gateshead, Graham Wood has taken up a new role as Club President.

Wood’s total shareholding was acquired by Richard and Julie Bennett last summer, with the former taking up the chairman’s post after the first stage of the club’s handover process came to a close in September.

Wood has since served as the club’s Director of Football, but will now step down from his role on the board.

The Bennetts and Managing Director Brian Waites will continue in their existing roles at the International Stadium.

Richard Bennett feels that Wood's new position is a just reward for his accomplishments in recent years.

He said: “I’m delighted that Graham has taken up this new role within the club.

“The role represents recognition for all the hard work and effort that Graham has put into Gateshead Football Club over the last nine years.

“It is an honour richly deserved.”

As President, Wood will act as an ambassador for the club and will remain an official of the club.

Wood added: “I feel honoured to have been offered this role and I am particularly pleased to remain an official of the club.

“This will allow me to represent the club on such bodies as the National League Board, in addition to ambassadorial duties.

“I look forward to working with Richard and his board in the club’s continuing efforts to restore Football League status to the town.”

Source: www.gateshead-fc.com

Source

Archived