Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Sutton Common Rovers

I was very impressed with Sutton's 3G pitch, it is the first game that I have seen a match  played on this new generation of artificial pitches. You can understand the reason for clubs at our level being interested in this technology. There will be huge commercial benefits in being able to let out the pitch throughout the year, a reduction in pitch maintenance and an end to postponements which have blighted this and other CCL seasons.

With respect to the match, Ashford were worthy winners in a feisty affair with Sutton's keeper being sent off after a fracas with Tyler and lots of yellows. The 3 G pitch didn't prevent players from flying into reckless tackles.

We played some lovely football, scored 4 excellent goals from Mark and Samad ( another MOM for Samad, what a season he is having). The only negatives were two more poor goals conceded from individual errors. Of the seven goals conceded in the past seven days, all of them were as a result of our errors.

Another case of well worked and well taken goals by our lads interspersed with some poor ones being given away. We’ve got a considerably higher ‘goals conceded per game’ ratio to the other teams in the title race, and that’s been our undoing to a degree.  I’m glad the lads showed that extra bit of resolve and character to turn the game round in the second half.

Archived