Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Colin, Germany

Restructuring of the Pyramid

Because I live in Germany, I can't quite seem to keep up with the latest on the restructuring of the pyramid. I have written an article about what I understand so far on the two pyramid pages of my 'Come on you ETs' site. <A HREF="http://etfc.freeservers.com/" TARGET=_blank>Come on you ETs - Home</A><P>Is the information contained herein correct and up-to-date?

I'm not sure where you get the idea that there will be no promotion from the Ryman League in future!<P>This was proposed by the Conference, but, as I understand it, was rejected by the FA.<P>The FA have proposed a new structure for the leagues below the conference which will consist of a semi-national league north and a semi-national league north which will be made up of clubs from the Ryman, Dr Marten's and Unibond leagues. (This means that there will be 68 clubs competing for 44 places)<P>The champions of each semi-national league will be promoted into the conference, along with the winners of a play-off between a, as yet, undetermined number of teams from each league. (It will either be the clubs in 2nd & 3rd spot from each laegue or clubs in 2nd - 5th spots)<P>How the leagues below this are to be structured, I am not entirely sure yet. There will be 24 clubs from the three old premier divisions which presumably will be joined by clubs from the next level down to form a number of feeder leagues into each semi-national league (is your head hurting yet? shocked.gif" border="0 )<P>All I can say to the FA is good luck.<BR> smile.gif" border="0

I'm think from the start of 2002/03, but don't hold me to that at the moment.<P>They are asking for comments from the clubs by, I believe, December this year.