Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Diary of An Away Windsor Fan (Marlow)

Humpty

7th August 2004

Marlow 0 Windsor & Eton FC 3

Today I am on my lonesome listening to some Florida Hardcore Metal in my car.

The band is Poison the Well they are a very shouty band with a mean guitar sound but the can also turn on the melodica when they want to. The drive is very short and the views on the A404 and through Bisham Abbey are very relaxing. Marlow is a quaint little town with a lot of character. Before the game I met Pinksy, Betty, Mal and Andy B in the Plough pub and watched the second half of the Leeds V Derby game, which Leeds won 1-0 shock! horror!

Quote of the day goes to Pinksy. After Leeds score their goal he said, “That ball was on a one way trip to netsville”

The clubhouse is very drab all you can do is sit and have a drink (which I guess is not all bad) but there is nothing else to do.

The ground is pleasant. The first thing you notice is the 6-a-side football pitch. There is cover at one end of the pitch and on one side. On the other side a large stand. The tea bar is excellent with a good selection of food. My favourite is their pasties. I think I have had one every time I have been there.

The starting line up was: Martini, Cook, Kearsey, Skinner, Tilbury, Parsons, Carroll, Walsh, Gomis, Peter Holsgrove & Scott

The first half was very slow with neither team looking like scoring then Cook scored in the 38th minute from a good Ryan Parsons cross. Ryan Parsons put in a good first half performance.

In the second half we made five subs. Reid For Scott, O’Connor for Carroll, Oatley for Skinner, Adams for Cook & Cox For Peter Holsgrove. We then notched our game up a step or two. Oatley took on two players and slotted the ball through the keepers legs in the 69th minute to make 2-0 and Reid finished the game by putting a loose ball in the net in the 70th minute. Good second half by Tony Reid he looks a lot fitter and hungry for goals.

One of my old school mates was playing for Marlow called Simon Teague (played for Molesey last season) who was having a great tussle with the Leg End Dave Tilbury but the shock of the day was Matty Glynn playing for them.

On the way home I listened to the radio and noticeable scores that stuck in my head was obviously Leeds winning 1-0, Reading winning 3-2, MK Dons drawing 1-1 and Greenock beating Albion Rovers 6-0. I am now off to the pub to celebrate my birthday.