Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  

You were lucky 1-1

nonsense.. we are the new forest green n proud the best pub team in essex.. when you have a ground that can hold as much as ours then come back and moan.. when your home ave attendance is higher than ours come back and gloat (prob about 2 weeks tops then)..

and tell andy ford to get proper prada and lose the top shop thing ....

on a serious note after your first half performance if you had got the second you prob deserved you would have taken the points.. you didnt get it and we almost nicked it.. i reckon a draw was pretty much fair for the nights work

Quote:
Fleet_Fella said:As for Roy's 2nd, from my vantage point it looked as though Roy was behind the ball when Drury knocked it across, from which you can't be offside.

That's how I saw it - although being behind the goal is never the best place to make offside decisions. Also, being so low down meant that I didn't get a very good view of Canvey's equaliser either, and so can't really say whether Wilko was fouled. As for Rouse's second yellow, whether or not Mr. Deadman really had to show the yellow card, Rouse was foolish to make the challenge in the first place.

A similar pattern to the Northwich game really - a fairly early goal, but rather than pushing on and just continuing to play as we were, we always seem to invite the opposition onto us, and this really has to stop. In particular, bringing off Manny meant that holding the ball up in Canvey's half became very difficult, and any long clearances by us, with Roy up front alone, just came straight back.

Quote:
and tell andy ford to get proper prada and lose the top shop thing ....

Not on the Fleets wages he won't ....

You can't be the new Forest Green , we like them !!

The attendance figure was 1,223 according to BBC Sport. The Canvey turnstile operators couldn't cope and the kick off had to be delayed by 15-20 minutes.

What on earth are you trying to suggest Andrew? wink.gif

Not suggesting anything. Just telling it like it was!! As mentioned on another thread the canvey girls seem to have a problem with Kent currrency as well. Two adults at £11 each plus 3 programmes at £2 each equals £28. However, the change handed back from £30 was £3.

Oh well, Jeff King can afford it I suppose.