Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

what a season so far!!!!!!

This has turned out to be one of the best stfc has every had!! who would have guested it stfc having 3 decent cup runs in one season and a chance for a playoff place in the league!!

It is ashame i cnat make more games during the season.but going to make afc wimbledon match any idea on the date.see ya at heybridge.goodluck sat against leyton.

up the rebels.slough town till i die.

from the cambridge one

Agree with foghorn, especially with all the crap the club has to put up with....love to get to the trophy final and the draw against AFC Wimbledon is a good one.

I can't see us making the play offs as we are starting to get too far behind with games, but as long as we don't get relegated its been a great season.

from the brighton one

dose anyone know of a better season expect for that confernce year when we got to semi final of the trophy, 1st round of the fa cup and i think 8th in the confernce in that season.is this rolling back the years for all the older fans and like me been around supporting slough for 15 years or more. come on slough town

The achievements over the 1997-98 season must make that the best in recent years; FA Cup first round and a replay against Cardiff, FA Trophy semi finals and out on what is widely accepted as an offside goal and 8th in the league. Plus some of the best players to grace the Slough team in the modern era; Hercules, Angus, West, etc.

However, the achievements this season, and even since as far back as last January, should not be underestimated. After Steve Clown's reign of constant spending coupled with crap end results, Eddie Denton and his team have given a real buzz back to the club. The end of last season was great, the FA Cup run this season was superb and some of the performances in recent weeks have been beyond most people's dreams (Eastleigh away and Thurrock in the Trophy to name but two). What the boys have achieved in the last thirteen months has been outstanding and they deserve every bit of credit they receive!

Well done to the lads bringing the good times back to the club! great cups runs (i can see us winning at least one with any luck), decent league position still possible, and the strength of the club at its best in a while. kepp it up!

Success breeds success, winning is a habit,good teams want to win everything. cliche after cliche but it is true. The more this side plays together the better it gets, the more time Eddy has an influence the better the spirit gets. Forget all this nonsense about this cup or that cup not mattering or league form being hurt. Winning is great.

As for the league table don't look at the games in hand( we won't win them all) compare our games lost with all the teams above us. Our true position is probably about 8th some 4 to 5 points off the play-offs, outside chance yes but I would say roughly the same chance in the cups.

A good season? The FA Cup has already made it a great season. The 'homeless' status, 15 cup ties and sheer determination to keep this club going make it a phenominal season.

Talking about days gone by I had the very pleasant oportunity to have dinner with Bill Drummond the other day. He was in the KLF (he also burnt a million quid?!) and used to be involved with Aylsbury FC when he lived there a few years ago. It was very strange to get all nostalgic with a bloke who's had a few number ones in his time about the Berks and Bucks Cup final and the skills of Cliff Hercules!