Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hornchurch 0 Uxbridge 0

Urchins

Another frustrating afternoon for us against and in-form Uxbridge side.

We dominated throughout but struggled to make the vital opening against a solid defence. We thought the breakthrough had come when Steve Jones benefited from a misjudgement in defence and shot towards an empty net only for defender John Swift to get back and yank the ball off the line. Swift was dismissed but Jones clipped the bar with the spot kick - the kind of miss which is so often regretted.

In the second half our domination continued but despite some good approach play our final pass was mostly lacking. Steve Jones found the back of the net at last in the 60th minute but it was ruled out for an earlier foul on keeper Daryl Pelton. A quick break for Uxbridge 10 minutes later put Stuart Goodall clear but Paul Wood came out well to deflect his shot across goal and wide. That was probably their only chance of the game but they held firm at the back until the final whistle.

Line-up: Wood, Carter, Kimble, McGowan, Jopson, Marsden, Locke (McDonald 31), Cowley, Jones, Martin (Stowe 66), Fox (Cripps 72). Sub not used:- Kharine (GK)

we totally dominated the game and never looked like scoring, jonah did score but it was an obvious foul and he never looked like scoring the penaly either, to much flaffing around. Dont think its time for a panic yet but something needs to change to get us back winning games, on the positive side we dont look like losing any do we. its up front where we're getting hurt, time for changes im afraid to say mick, bring on stowie and joe narty. give them a chance, cant be worse can it. Lowry and Benno are back playing as well, lets shake it all up and get back to winning ways before its to late. Come on managers, get to work and sort it.

If you are going to bring in Stowie or Crippsy or someone, who would you drop from team though? Jonah or Taffy or both? Or sacrifice a defender or midfielder for an attacking player?

this is the team i'd put out, only my personal opinion i may add, so no screaming

Karine

Marsden

Jopson

Gooding

Kimble

Benstock

Locke/Lowry

Cowley

McGowan

Stowie

Narty

subs

woods

Macca

Carter

Jones

Elder

fox

Leave taffy out for acouple of games because hes not doing anything at all really. lock is out for a few games anyway with injury. whats the downside? shake it all up.

Fair enough, personally I'd stick with Woody in goal. As for the situation up front, I'd be tempted to give Stowie a run out at the expense of Jonah. Jonah has been excellent for us over the season, but is just lacking something at the moment. Does anyone know what has happened to Nathan Elder? He was in the team at the start of the season, then dropped down to the bench and now doesn't seem to figure at all though at the moment. Also, what's happened to Jon Bates? I'd personally prefer to see him in the team.

batsy is injured and will be out for a couple of weeks or more, lockies injured and will also be out for a while, young nathan has been busy in the reserves and from what I can gather, has impressed everyone. Taffy is defiantely out of sorts and will probably benefit from a rest. As for Jonah, well I'm a fan as we all probably are but its just not happening for him at the moment and he has played over 30 games already this season,,yeah I know, true though. A restmay do him good as well. Crippsy is left out of my team only because you cant play them all, I rate craig so toss up who goes on the bench. Just my opinion on a shake up, thats all.

I don't think anyone's blaming anyone at all, the team needs a bit of shake up thats all, not exactly radical is it, happens all the time in the top leagues, thats why they have big squads and thats why mick has a big squad, shake it all up, I agree entirely.

Yeah, maybe it is more of a question of lack of supply to the forwards, than the forwards being out of sorts. I'd have thought an option could be to play Crippsy, have him flying down the wings and getting the crosses in for the forwards to get on the ends of. I thought Taffy had a good first half against Harlow, which some lovely little touches, but as for Jonah (and I am a big admirer of him) things just aren't happening for him. The shot he had against Uxbridge, which lead to the guy hand balling it, was a tame one to say the least. A few games ago Jonah would have smashed that home, but as for the penalty, you could tell as soon as he stuck the ball on the spot, he was going to miss. Its a tough call to make, a goal from either forward, could get them right back on track, orl do you change things about? Mick, its your call!!!

Spot on, its nothing personal against Jonesy, Taff or anyone else. Players do get dropped, teams do get changed, that's life. What point would there be having players like Cripps, Stowe, Nath, etc, if they never had a hope in hell of getting into the team. I feel a change or changes are needed. We have played well for a lot of the season, we are still in a pretty decent position in the league, but if things start to go stale, a change here and there is needed. Yesterday we dominated the game, but too be fair, if we were still playing now, we still wouldn't have scored!! Whether its a change in the forward line or in midfield, I think a change needs to be made for Tuesday. Personally, if fit, I'd stick Benstock straight back into the team, but thats my opinion. Good debate though, you never know, Mick might take a look in here and get a few ideas from us!!!

Definately an idea for the boss, to have Crippsy on the wing or in behind the front two. I thought Kimble was firing in some decent crosses, which was good, but our lads are not big headers of the ball are they. If Crippsy, Gav or somebody could get to byeline and pull it back we might score some.

I agree though the other teams appear to have sussed us out and just put bodies behind the ball to get theresult they came for (a draw).

Come on you urchins we need a few goals and goals will equal wins as we don't leak many.

306 very bored souls.! bless 'em all. they soon forget the disappointment and come back but dont forget urchins, its the fans that count, your in the entertainment business, and that means goals,

Thought it looked a fairly decent crowd. Like you say though, football is supposed to be a form of entertainment, heard a couple of guys as we were leaving after the match saying they wouldn't be bothering with coming again. Its sad, maybe they have short memories or weren't fortunate enough to have seen some excellent games over there, Stotfold and Slough for starters!

Here that Uxbridge lot still work out to be top of the table at the end of the season on robbie's table based on recent performances.

I thought they were sh**e although they kept us at bay with ony ten men !!! P.S. Number 9 should have been sent off for two bookables AS WELL.

take it easy guys, we're doing okay, look at the league table with 22 games left to go. no problem, its all good stuff and the fans will keep coming and keep growing, we all expect so much so soon, be patient. Great new stand by the way, where on earth did that spring from in two weeks, impressive.

3 Nil Nils in four games? Is this the forwards fault? I dont think so. When you play wing backs who cant get forward and two defensive midfield players how are we going to score?

Remember Tilbury at home? 4-4-2 with wingers getting crosses in ask Jonah and taff bet they would prefer it. The current system works away from home against top six sides but when we need to break down teams at home I think something needs to change.