Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Stortford 3-0 BTFC

Simon BTFC

Yet again the Management Team did not try anything different when things were not going right. Strikers were non existant. We may have been sold a duffer with Douglas. It's a disgrace that we finished with 10 men as we only had 2 subs. Why do we run a reserve side ?????

Maybe someone should tell Mr. Calder and Borg when your new signings have already played in the competition for another club!

We certainly told them loud and often last night - much to their annoyance, you see Andy Douglas was cup-tied having played for Grays against Harlow Town early in the competition. Just a shame he didn't score the winning penalty in the shoot-out after extra-time then, that would have been a real bummer!

Apparently BTFC will also get fined for fielding him, even though you lost.

Maybe that's somme kind of small payback for the Fewings debacle, but I think we still owe you several more.

Ho, Hum! [color:"blue"] [/color] [color:"blue"] [/color]

it was quite an achievement from calder to still manage to leave rantala out of the starting xi despite picking from only 13 available. this was achieved by playing at least three players out of position but still at least his objectives were reached. i reckon all of the 30 odd who made the trip could have picked a more balanced xi out of the 13 we had than the manager "managed"

the first half was even and mebbe we shaded it with mooro s disallowed "goal".

the second half was poor and with better finishing they could have had more. all we could manage was one decent shot from r graham. our front two were completely anonymous and unfortunately young mark fay made a couple of errors but thats only to be expected.

apparantly douglas was def available for this game (up yours matey) as he did not in fact come on in that game..

This defeat was deserved but its not the end of the world..we should have a full squad to pick from next tuesday and lets hope for a return to winning ways

cmon the blues

Ref : Andy Douglas.....

Taken from the Harlow website regarding their Bryco Cup tie against Grays Athletic back in November.

Wed 20th Nov - Hawks go out but signs of improvement

Harlow went out of the Bryco (League) Cup this evening, losing 2-1 at home to Ryman Premier Division side Grays Athletic.

Gray's sent shockwaves through the League in pre-season when they brought in many of the division's top players to aid their push for promotion to the conference. Their promotion tilt hasn't quite gone to plan and our visitors find themselves floundering in 15th place. No doubt the Cups prove a pleasant attraction at the moment.

Grays pushed forward from the first whistle, ANDY DOUGLAS and former Charlton star Carl Leaburn keeping Ryan Kirby and Darren White on their toes. The visitors took the lead in the 9th minute when a cross from the left was superbly finished by Allan McLeod , past King at a tight angle.

Dont be a dick, check your facts before you shout your mouth off, Andy Douglas was only sub for Gray's and didn't come on, so there for he is not cup tied so go away and try to avoid relegation you dick brain

Hmm, who's the dick. That poster was from Hendon Town FC, can't you read? The League have been informed apparantly and who could blame BS. Harlows' sec believes Douglas played. Your sec who allegedly likes to stitch up other clubs much to the chagrin of your Chairman, may be in trouble. Oh what a sham indeed.

What an appalling result. How did Rantala not start? I know we had people injured and cup tied but that's no excuse for losing against a side second from bottom in the league and almost doomed to relegation.

This has happened too much this season. We produced great results by beating and drawing with St Albans, doing the double over Sutton and drawing away at Aldershot, yet we somehow lost at Enfield, Ford, Braintree and now Bishops Stortford.

If these sort of results continue we should look for a new manager, it is obviously showing Calder motivates the players for the big games, but can't motivate them against lower opposition.

We had an easy draw in this competition, we should have easily beaten Stortford and then we would have played Yeading. I just hope we improve in the Essex Senior Cup

What do people think should have been the Billericay team last night? I reckon it should have been, Fay, Pitts, Kerrigan, Moore, Rantala, R Graham, Williams, Penn, M Graham, Gilley and Douglas. At least with this team players would have played in their normal positions. We would have had our normal midfield without Savidge and Merritt, Rantala would have started, and Gilley would actually play in his normal position up front. We will still have probably lost, but at least the performance would have been better.

www.billericaytownfc.20m.com

Very disapointing performance in the second half. Thought that some of the guys didn't want to be there in the second half (not surprising given that it was freezing).

Not really too sure about the comments about Ady Douglas. He clearly wasn't match fit but seeing that he was the only striker available (I'm sure our management wouldn't be stupid enough to play a player that was cup tied so have no idea why people are having a go at that!!!).

Mark Graham had a good game and I would name him as my man of the match for Billericay...

One point (there is always one, isn't there) why do we faf about the edge of the box so much? On the occassions that we were direct last night Stortford were in trouble.

Thoughts on general performance.

We have a very small squad at the moment - one of the smallest around and to be without 7 players (JJ, Ollie, Henty, Morris, Ansell, Wallace, Fewings) took it beyond breaking point. Somebody mentioned the reserves - well quite a few of the core of the team were playing: Fay, Gilley, Merritt and Savidge. We also went into the game with Kerrigan and Williams out of position (actually thought Kerrigan had a decent game in midfield myself). Douglas hadn't played for 2 weeks and looked off the pace a touch, perhaps the most important aspect of the game for us was that he got 90 minutes under his belt.

That said it was very disappointing the way we let our heads go down after they took the lead in the 2nd half. Against Sutton, Hayes and St Albans we got stuck in and looked like we wanted to win. This wasn't happening last night.

The situation with Andy Douglas's eligibility is irrelevant anyway. At the end of the day - we were poor - most of the players looked like they couldn't be bothered - and the worst offenders were the front 2. Totally unable to read the game and really did not put the effort in.

Unfortunately we should have finished off Stortford last time rather than go to extra time, but we fell asleep in that one too.

I know we are short of players, but given that we have little left to play for in the league I would have thought we might have seen a little more thought from the management and a little more commitment from the team for what was a decent chance of silverware.

Confidence is low - it's Calder's fault. It's time he took responsibility or he should close the door on the way out!

Shows how much pulling power BTFC has, quote from Non league web site

CAMPBELL EXITS BORO - 06/02/2003

Nationwide Conference Stevenage Borough have continued the movement of players in and out of Broadhall Way.

Striker DJ Campbell (pictured) had been transferred to Ryman League Division One North side Yeading.

We needed him on Tuesday night but if he had still been with us he would have been on the bench, silly me.