Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We Are Moving House

Hi,

We are moving house. At some point over the next 72 hours, I hope to move the forums to a new server.

This will mean that for a short while the forums, will be down - I do not envisage too many problems, but you may find some links will give errors etc. When we come back up, you will need to log back in.

Please - if you spot any errors, when we come back up, post them in this thread, so that I can squash them all. The majority of them, will probably be linked to paths of various files. But your assistance will benefit everyone.

You will also find for a while, that the only domain name working will be http://www.nonleague.net - as the server is changing there is the chance that some of you may see one site, and others see the new one - this is due to the speed of updates made by your ISP, and is out of our control.

I cannot give you an exact time of transfer, but I hope to keep downtime to a minimum.

This is the first part of a re-jig here - I aim to keep all links working throughout, but the end result should be a much faster site. smile.gif

Any questions, please ask.....

Ian

No smile.gif

Fully backed up smile.gif

I will also be doing a dry run - in fact the database will still be on the old server, so if it all went pearshaped - then I just repoint the DNS and 30 seconds later the old site will reappear.

Ian

The main database for just the posts is now around 50mb in size - but early tests on the new server, are showing that the pages are being displayed a lot faster.

This page for example is displaying in 0.226 seconds on the old server and the same page, with the same posts on it, is taking 0.033 seconds - I realise that there are other factors involved like images at the top of the page that are not taken into account in either of these figures - but we should still see a good improvement - but like most things time will tell.

I am however looking at a 2-3 hour down time to restore the database - but I will probably do this late at night to assist most people.