Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 11-December 17 )

• Photo
    Kel

• Photo
    Daz P

• Photo
    Will Graham

• Photo
    Gabriel Phelps

Photo

tonights game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
7 replies to this topic

offline new to the game

new to the game
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
we looked bad - conceding three goals in the first 6 minutes
i left when the score was 4.1 with 5 mins to go
there is a lot to be said for having a settled side
which canvey looked to have
i have to say on that performance
shivers went down my spine
the plus - ben abbey looked lively when he came on
pinnock had a never say die attitude
and deserved his goal
i'm sure andy has some good players
but he needs a big man up front
but what is his side?
and what system will he play?
time is short
i'm on hols this sat
will look out for the results
andy will turn it around
but he has got his work cut out

offline new to the game

new to the game
  • First XI - Sub's Bench
a follow up thought
andy has taken good players from a league or two below
it took several seasons for them to gell
it must take time for a settled side to get to know each other
this is my biggest fear
i just hope their heads do not go down with a few bad results
if they do we are in trouble

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Canvey didn't even play their strongest side and I'm afraid, even being the eternal optimist, that sort of performance would struggle to get a result in the Kent league. Maybe there's been too many changes made in these friendlies, not giving the lads enough time time to gel. Saying that, though, we mustn't forget the good first-half performances we've seen recently. Andy really must play a strong team on Saturday to get that teamwork going.

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
A quite shocking scoreline. Not looking that positive at the moment. Who were the starting x1?

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
O'Reilly, Skinner, Trott, No20??, Mclements, McKimm, Owen, Evans, Pinnock, No19??, One other!!!!

Have to apologise for lack of names!! Just come back off hols and havent a clue who half of them are....

Number 20 was shocking and i mean that in a positive 'get him out of the side' way!! Skinns looked good, pinnock was ok abbey looked really good when he came on and Tostao got involved in the second half.... When Strouts Tostao etc came on we had a much better secong half... BUT I am very very very very worried by the fact we are playing last years football towards Liam when we have the 3 shortest strikers in the league!!! it meant that No20 and 19 had to come forward too much and left gaping holes.... we must get the ball down as Canvey did and play well!!!!!!!!

Anyway the one thing we can do is back Andy and get right behind the side... our support is worth points over the season......

Up the fleet........

offline Matt (GNFC)

Matt (GNFC)
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
The side still looks very experimental..i would expect Shearer and Duku to start in defence..Hows Evans doing?..I may be wrong but i dont think he's scored yet. I know its a friendly but 4-1 vs similar opposition is a real pasting and a big concern.

offline John@TheFleet

John@TheFleet
  • Reserves Coach
Evans hasn't happened, has he, poor lad. Robbie Owen played well again but it looked like Andy was having a go at him when he came off. Still, we were a long way away. Heard a rumour last night that Strouts wants out as well. Any elaboration on that one, anybody?

offline Richard C

Richard C
  • Reserves Coach
A big concern is an under statement!! The keeper Oreilly really didn’t look comfortable, we really are going to need to find A.N.Other. Evans looked ok, but the players without names looked like lost sheep at times. Anyway lets TRY and it will take some trying!! to be positive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus